James McCarthy

Status
Not open for further replies.
If there was a choice of McCarthy improving his attacking side by 25% (for example) or his defensive side by the same amount I would go with the defensive qualities. Being able to play one person in defensive midfield rather than two would free up space for another attacker.

I think another year alongside Barry though will see Martinez take off the shackles gradually allowing him to get forward more and then certainly Improve his defensive side the following season when he (I think) would be the only 1st choice defensive midfielder with Barry on the bench.

He can be a world class defensive midfielder or a very good box to box player in my opinion.

Incidently someone mentioned Roy Keanes comments about him -- what were they?

@Zatara i agree with what your saying, as long as we can get another midfielder in

Cheers, I suppose It depends on Lundstram and other younger current players as much as transfer funds on who we sign to play either central or attacking midfield--on top of that where Martinez sees Barkleys current and future role.

I think if he feels theres one or two not far off then we may go for an older barry type permanently or on loan. Otherwise this position is of importance alongside a forward in my opinion and most likely would be a different type of player to what we currently have in the centre (going off martinez' comments in the summer of having players with different skill sets for each role)

If there was a choice of McCarthy improving his attacking side by 25% (for example) or his defensive side by the same amount I would go with the defensive qualities. Being able to play one person in defensive midfield rather than two would free up space for another attacker.

I think another year alongside Barry though will see Martinez take off the shackles gradually allowing him to get forward more and then certainly Improve his defensive side the following season when he (I think) would be the only 1st choice defensive midfielder with Barry on the bench.

He can be a world class defensive midfielder or a very good box to box player in my opinion.

Incidently someone mentioned Roy Keanes comments about him -- what were they?

http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/football/roy-keane-backs-everton-fc-6776267

it was an honest assessment of their performances in last night's game lad, though why you felt so offended by it that you needed to downgrade me is beyond baffling

I thought you were talking about them in general. Apologies! There are so many people on here that needlessly insult our own players that it gets on my nip nips.

Yeah I agree, last night wasn't a glorious night and none of them stood out. Have yer rep back fella.

Untill he starts scoring goals, his value wont change ..... if he suddenly begins to find the opposition net ;-) then he will be headhunted by all the moneyed teams and Billy Liar will have another bullshit speech at the ready.

Tbf mate I'd have him over Fenandhino, there's more to come from James he's the type of player if you watch him on Tv you won't appreciate how well he actually plays, if you watch him live for every week I think it's evident what a wonderful player he is! Reminds me so much of Keane . Barry and McCarthy have been our two best players for me this season.

Couldnt disagree more as I think he is our best player...Ireland that is, although he is not far off the top for Everton in many supporters eyes either.

Problem is we dont have a player who controls the game and makes himself the main man and really thats what youd like Macca to do. He is not doing that, yet, but he does his job and tidies up a lot of the other players messes.

Best player we have had since Duff and will go on to be a legend in green.
This! Though we're gash! Thankfully we now have a manager who knows the ball is round!

This! Though we're gash! Thankfully we now have a manager who knows the ball is round!

We aren't so bad for attacking options, but coleman apart our defensive options are poor.. Hopefully Duffy can take the step up. It's strange to be saying that though having just come out from under a manager who nullified our attack and focused everything on defence.

It's nice to enjoy watching us play, or try to play, football again. Even better when watching 3 Everton players in the lineup.

Tbf mate I'd have him over Fenandhino, there's more to come from James he's the type of player if you watch him on Tv you won't appreciate how well he actually plays, if you watch him live for every week I think it's evident what a wonderful player he is! Reminds me so much of Keane . Barry and McCarthy have been our two best players for me this season.

Totally agree, my dig was aimed at Kenwright as he would sell without hesitation and then go into drama mode, crying and lying is his forte.

Status
Not open for further replies.