James McCarthy

Status
Not open for further replies.

Phew......when I saw this thread brought to the top I was sure it was going to be about him picking up an injury tonight.

for his OG, it was always going to be a goal, he was just trying to clear off the line and he almost did it. He had an excellent goal line clearance moments earlier. I thought he had a good game. Coleman made a few mistakes but you can tell he's used to playing with better players, the amount of times he overlapped McClean and wasn't used was criminal. McGeady had his usual irish performance, hopefully Martinez can drag that extra something out of him. All in all a good first half for all 3 and no injuries.

I honestly wouldn't be surprised if someone came in for him at 20 mill ++ - superb player!

Untill he starts scoring goals, his value wont change ..... if he suddenly begins to find the opposition net ;-) then he will be headhunted by all the moneyed teams and Billy Liar will have another bullshit speech at the ready.

Playing for Ireland he hasnt been good at all which perhaps shows the importance of Gareth Barry alongside him at club level. Keeping it simple is sorta ok when theres another holder beside him, but more is asked of him in a green jersey (with the crappy Whelan beside him) and he's done little for us in over 20 games. He doesn't appear to be comfortable carrying the ball forward. I still don't know what to make of him, and that includes for Everton as Barry seems to be the crucial player in the middle.

Playing for Ireland he hasnt been good at all which perhaps shows the importance of Gareth Barry alongside him at club level. Keeping it simple is sorta ok when theres another holder beside him, but more is asked of him in a green jersey (with the crappy Whelan beside him) and he's done little for us in over 20 games. He doesn't appear to be comfortable carrying the ball forward. I still don't know what to make of him, and that includes for Everton as Barry seems to be the crucial player in the middle.

Couldnt disagree more as I think he is our best player...Ireland that is, although he is not far off the top for Everton in many supporters eyes either.

Problem is we dont have a player who controls the game and makes himself the main man and really thats what youd like Macca to do. He is not doing that, yet, but he does his job and tidies up a lot of the other players messes.

Best player we have had since Duff and will go on to be a legend in green.

James Mc is a defensive midfielder so he is good at breaking up play, marking, non-stop running, covering every inch on the pitch and tracking opposition etc. He is doing his duty pretty well this season. His weakness is his lack of involvement in our attacking play. When he is having the ball, he rarely drive the team forward and attack. But then I guess that is not his main duty.

James Mc is a defensive midfielder so he is good at breaking up play, marking, non-stop running, covering every inch on the pitch and tracking opposition etc. He is doing his duty pretty well this season. His weakness is his lack of involvement in our attacking play. When he is having the ball, he rarely drive the team forward and attack. But then I guess that is not his main duty.

you are absolutely right.. he performs his defensive duties superbly but that is about all he offers. If he can add an offensive threat to his repertoire, he will be a complete box-to-box midfielder and that is what we ultimately want. An Irish Yaya Toure, if you will.

you are absolutely right.. he performs his defensive duties superbly but that is about all he offers. If he can add an offensive threat to his repertoire, he will be a complete box-to-box midfielder and that is what we ultimately want. An Irish Yaya Toure, if you will.

Martinez, O'Neill and Keane should aware of that so hopefully James will concentrate on improving that side of play.

no injuries to the 3 lads is a bonus but am disappointed that coleman played the full game, 3 X 90 mins in less than a week for him isn't ideal

Status
Not open for further replies.