James McCarthy - I'm not impressed

Status
Not open for further replies.

bigscarydunc

Player Valuation: £25k
Average in the first two games and then terrible against Chelsea and also WBA, I was impressed with literally every other player (Naismith had a quiet game but we all know how well he's been playing otherwise).

McCarthy can't even play well when we play well, what's up with that?

Does anyone else agree or am I on my wn with this??

I have a feeling [not ITK or anything of that ilk] that the stalling of the contract talks could be affecting his play of late...

Sort that out one way or the other, and we will have the player of last season again...

Maybe the lad needs a kick up the ass then, give besic or gibson a runout, tho gibson wouldnt be able to cover the same ground as mccarthy, i mean you dont just lose it over night and there has been alot of question marks over to many players so far this season, so it really does have to point to pr- season and fitness levels, i cant believe its cos he’s had his head turned by utd or he’d be working his ass Off to stand out and stay in van gaal thoughts! certain players have started season off the pace but couple good results, fitness and confidence and everyone will be loving them again soon soon!

I think he's had a poor start to the season personally.

He's seems to be immune to criticism on here though.
He's just on a patch of poor form and it's cost us points as his play is integral to how we defend as a team. He shouldn't be immune to criticism but he'll be back to his best soon i reckon.

Yeah definitely haven't been impressed with mccarthys form this season. Seems very sloppy with his passing especially.

Interesting with so many games coming up how we look with Gibson or Besic partnering Barry in the midfield at some stage.

I have no doubt he'll come through this patch of bad form though eventually and play to last seasons standards.

I think he's had a poor start to the season personally.

He's seems to be immune to criticism on here though.
He's made some loose passes and the energy levels looked below his usual effort, but they were general traits of the team coming back in from a poorly organised pre-season.

It's not that he's immune to criticism, it's that he has built up a huge store of good will from last season because everyone knows how consistently good he can be. In other words, most aren't fickle.

Hasn't been at his best but his below par is still decent.
Copped it a bit trying to cover for Barry who has had several underpar games for mine. Looked well better as a CM pairing in the second half vs West Brom when Barry was playing as we know he can.

Status
Not open for further replies.