James McCarthy, I was wrong.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think Dave this why we are missing Ross so much. Need a forward thinking CM right now we seem to have mainly defensive ones. If we got Delph would that help regarding a playmaker type?
I'd like to see us adopt a blend in midfield of a destroyer and a more adventurous player. I thought we slipped up not getting Fer in...twice in fact. I like his aggression and he seems to want to grab a goal or two. Martinez though likes his security blanket of two out and out holding players to make the system work with a Barkley type who can also graft if need be.

Anyone who can't see how good he is doesnt watch enough togger.

Was going to say next captain, but I reckon it might well be John Stones straight after Jags, 3 or 4 years off.

I'd like to see us adopt a blend in midfield of a destroyer and a more adventurous player. I thought we slipped up not getting Fer in...twice in fact. I like his aggression and he seems to want to grab a goal or two. Martinez though likes his security blanket of two out and out holding players to make the system work with a Barkley type who can also graft if need be.

Hes a number 6 David, everybody expecting him to grow into the number 8 role, the number 8 is a dying breed in the modern game, its 2x numbers 6s and a number 10 these days lad.

Pipe down Hindenburg kecks ffs

No Derek, I will not.

Everybody wanting to take a pop at Besic, its like they dont understand even the basics of football, it sickens me when people say he got "bullied by Horrendson", hes the worst player in world football and is defo 100% an arse bandit, JUST SAYIN.

No Derek, I will not.

Everybody wanting to take a pop at Besic, its like they dont understand even the basics of football, it sickens me when people say he got "bullied by Horrendson", hes the worst player in world football and is defo 100% an arse bandit, JUST SAYIN.

Besic reminds me of you Goat, A talentless beaut who hangs around like a bad smell

WHAT

Barry's lack of pace hurts him a bit I think. He's a bit cautious about going forward anyway and his shooting is really, really poor, but he's clearly aware that if gets caught out of position we have absolutely no midfield/Barry 1mph foul second yellow.

the defining thing for me this season was wolfsburg. It was him getting back and getting the blocks / interceptions in the box, not barry. him and jags stopped them getting a decent shot on target the whole second half and if you have that sort of workrate at the back then you should leak very few goals over the season.
yeah very much so a definitive McCarthy performance against Wolfsburg, I'd like to see his heatmap for that game

to be honest i think alot off people was, he's the type of player
that people just dont seem to sink in too there head unless he's theres
alot of similar players do generally tend to get unnoticed especially with younger people
they think the boss players are the ones most fun too watch but without rocks like Barry + McCarthy
we would be finding it hard we concede enough as it is now, alot better than P.Nev + ozzie in the middle for sure.

Status
Not open for further replies.