IS SEAMUS AS GOOD AS THE PAST FULL BACKS?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Attacking-wise yes, but some improvement still to come defensively. I'm still utterly perplexed how this lad had trials at Celtic and Birmingham before he joined us. What did they see that put them off, I just don't get it.

probably the same thing we saw when he was played at RM for a couple of years.

I don't think it is an exaggeration to suggest both seamus and baines could have got in the title winning team of the mid 80s. High praise indeed but they are the best pair of full backs in the premier league and ANY club would want them in their team.

Why isn't Andy Hinchcliffe being mentioned ffs? Childhood hero. God Everton were crap in the 90s.
I loved Hinchcliffe and we should get him down to Finch Farm to show the players how to take a corner FFS.

That said, Baines and Coleman are on another level entirely.

I loved Hinchcliffe and we should get him down to Finch Farm to show the players how to take a corner FFS.

That said, Baines and Coleman are on another level entirely.

He got a few England caps if I remember, but Beckham and co were coming through and Becks was a bit better at the set pieces, no slight on Hinchy though. He scored and set up some belters for us, Big Dunc may have buried some headers but we musn't forget who's put it on his noggin. Legend.

Far and away the best rb I have seen in a blue shirt , in 35years of watching efc n would go as far as to say, I can't think of many better in world football. Seamus is Fantastic !

Brilliant at going forward and a decent defender. Seen better defenders but as an all round right back I would say no one better. Gary Stevens was better defender. Seamus is a bit like John Gidman in the sense of forward play but both are not the best defensively. Bit like Baines really...great all round full back but there attacking abilities out weigh there defensive abilities. We have had better defenders.

Best right-back since Gary Stevens, without any question whatsoever. Currently I would say Stevens was better overall, but Seamus definitely has the potential to overtake him. I'd be ecstatic if he stays with us for the long term and ends up making 300+ appearances.

Seamus is the best goal scoring right back I can remember. Loves getting up there for a pop at goal, but in my life time Gary Stevens is the best I've seen, used to love watching him puch to the goal line as Trev backed. Those two had a partnership better than Baines and Pienaar at there peak.

Only my opinion. But God, they were amazing.

The pity is Ian Snodin was ruined by injury.....he was a revelation when switched there from midfield, had made the England squad and was looking like a top class right back.

Attacking-wise yes, but some improvement still to come defensively. I'm still utterly perplexed how this lad had trials at Celtic and Birmingham before he joined us. What did they see that put them off, I just don't get it.

They also had that kid Robertson at LB in the youth set up there and released him too.

Someone not doing their jobs at that club.

Status
Not open for further replies.