Is Lukaku a centre forward?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I see some have already mentioned the Arsenal game where he switched position.

A good option to have, and excellent when used correctly but I'd still use him as a centre forward, either on his own or partnered.

He's a Goalscorer, stick him up front near their goal and give him the ball.

couldn't care less what number he wears or what antiquated category of player people try to pigeon-hole him into.
I'm not trying to pigeon-hole him mate, it was only a lead in to a discussion about his qualities as a player. A full discussion of his attributes wouldn't fit in the thread title, believe it or not, so I used a position as shorthand.

Quite a few times last season we stuck him up front near the goal and tried to give him the ball but he didn't score.

Our best game last season was when he played on the right against Arsenal and cut in, so we should use him as an inverted right winger from now on. (whatever number the hipsters decide that is)
Just spat coke everywhere.

Three of them are goal scoring world class forwards.

The other one is Kone
Why don't we give Kone a few games and a few more minutes than the 2 you're assessing him on before writing him off as a goalscorer for our team. Barely had a kick for us and has been ripped apart since his arrival. Madness.

Why don't we give Kone a few games and a few more minutes than the 2 you're assessing him on before writing him off as a goalscorer for our team. Barely had a kick for us and has been ripped apart since his arrival. Madness.

120 against Stevenage is all the Kone I ever dream of seeing chum

i) he better be for 28M
ii) he will do until a real one comes along

iii) bit of a daft question really

i) Lots of players cost loads of money, regardless of position

ii) Fair enough, though I think he's better playing behind Naismith than vice versa

iii)How so?

Status
Not open for further replies.