"Ins" and "Outs" in January...

Status
Not open for further replies.
foxy said round thought he was too slow so it seems a no-go atm. apologies if i'm wrong. seems like their looking for a direct replacement for distin i.e. tall and pace. Obviously they could still go back in and buy him as a replacement for heitinga but i was a tad surprised as from what i've heard and seen of him, forren has the same qualities as duffy

i heard we were still looking at him, not doubting what fox said but i've just heard differently, also moyes doesnt have to listen to round (who is the attacking coach anyway) and forren does have pace so that seems weird

Davies was good player mishandled I though. Beattie and Kroldrup were bad buys, though.

He's bought a fair few players in I don't rate to be fair. Though mostly on the frees, loans and cheaps where the nature of that kind of purchase is you have to take risks. McFadden, Hahnemann, Silva, Gueye, Rodrigo, Jo, Jacobsen etc.

I still trust him to bring in good players though.

i heard we were still looking at him, not doubting what fox said but i've just heard differently, also moyes doesnt have to listen to round (who is the attacking coach anyway) and forren does have pace so that seems weird

we'll see anyway, the kid seems good from what i've seen. would be a good replacement for the unreliable heitinga + cash

Lads, our first 11 is class when fully fit. This winter window we really need to strengthen our depth. I honestly don't see moyes chopping and changing the first 11 that much.

What we sorely lack is a back up striker, a right winger to back up mirallas , a cb for the aging Distin, a central midfielder to compliment Gibson ( unless we move felli back there) and goal keeper to challenge Howard who's form seems to be declining each season goes by. Still ace though!

I can see some players leaving the club to fund for these purchases however we must have x amount from the Rodwell transfer as we only bought mirallas & ovideo with the funds generated.

Personally I like to see hiltz to sign a two year extension for depth. We just have to wait see what the windows holds. We need more bodies to sustain in the top 4!

I don't think Moyes will be letting many (if any) players leave because of the size of our squad. Mucha will wait until the summer. Vic is a favourite of Moyes and wouldn't be wanted by anybody else after being out injured for so long. And I can see Heitinga turning into another Yobo and having to practically give him away to get him off the wage bill.

Ofoe on loan would make sense. I don't think Cahill will come back because Moyes is set on playing Fellaini in that role. It would seem like Donovan wants to take some time away from the game. So I think the only other acquisition might be a forward on loan. Darren Bent could be an idea but I'd be pretty surprised if it happened because he wouldn't start much with us either and his wages would probably be an issue.

landon_donovan14.JPG

I do not see the sense of selling Heitinga IF we do not sign any replacement with the fee we get. Obviously we need 3 senior CB the very least. We could sign Forren but do not know how good he is. Duffy is not the solution yet as he is still learning.

As expected, we have no money again and I guess the remaining £4/5M of Rodwell's fee would disappear. As to the new signings, I think Moyes would bring in both Cahill and Donovan on 3 months loan to strength the bench. I assume a loan deal (with option to buy) to bring in Odjidja-Ofoe would be in place too.

I can't see Moyes let anyone go. Personally I would let Mucha (contract expires in June 2013) leave for something like £200k/£300k and bring in Gordon as the back-up player on free transfer. I would let Gueye go for £1.5M as we make a small profit on him. He is not good enough and has enough games to prove.

Thankfully Moyes won't go for Ofoe again in January

hate it when a lot of people on here say buying him would be good just because we were after him before, despite not knowing anything about him. I know nothing about him and have never heard/seen of him therefore believe we could do a lot better. diame would have been a boss free signing. You know your european footy - who would be a boss box-to-box like centre mid with a good engine who would be interested/in our price range?

hate it when a lot of people on here say buying him would be good just because we were after him before, despite not knowing anything about him. I know nothing about him and have never heard/seen of him therefore believe we could do a lot better. diame would have been a boss free signing. You know your european footy - who would be a boss box-to-box like centre mid with a good engine who would be interested/in our price range?

Gibson?

already plays for us mate. wouldn't say he's box to box either. More someone to bulk up that centre mid to either replace osman or provide backup to him/ gibbo. Obviously felli could do that job but he's too good further up atm and moyes will only play barkley as a last resort. we have no real backup for osman - having hitz or neville alongside gibson is not attacking enough for me

already plays for us mate. wouldn't say he's box to box either. More someone to bulk up that centre mid to either replace osman or provide backup to him/ gibbo. Obviously felli could do that job but he's too good further up atm and moyes will only play barkley as a last resort. we have no real backup for osman - having hitz or neville alongside gibson is not attacking enough for me

Barkley should be our back up for osman. Rather not see us bring someone in to push Ross further down the pecking order.

Barkley should be our back up for osman. Rather not see us bring someone in to push Ross further down the pecking order.

he would be for me yes, moyes doesn't seem to keen for me. i would see hitz starting if osman missed a game which would be a massive shame

Status
Not open for further replies.