Votes: 41 18.9%
  • No - £28m of sexiness.

Votes: 149 68.7%
  • Romelu on Toast.

Votes: 27 12.4%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

It is from the BT interview before the derby. I picked up on this myself, were nothing but a stepping stone for the guy. He shouldnt of said what he did. We know all players think it but it doesnt help the cause. Id rather he achieved his goals at Everton and get to were he wants to be, the results of that would be 30+ goals a season for Everton.

I have just been reading through recent threads and noticed something that is popping up more frequently in recent weeks.

The debate of our number 10 - Romelu Lukaku. How good is he and how much is he worth. That seems to be the main discussion.

For what it's worth, in my opinion, Romelu Lukaku is not worth £28m. He is worth about £15m with the potential to be £28m.

Wayne Rooney was 21 and worth £28m. He set goals up, scored goals, defended, performed in big games. Romelu has done some of the above but at 21 rooney was a different level to Rom.

Romelu is currently hit and miss. He is potentially worth £28m. Nothing more than potential in relation to his hefty fee.
In the mans defence he did not set the price tag on himself. However im sure he is well aware of it. He is his own worse enemy when it comes to his performances. He analyses everything himself. He wants to be the best. I really hope to see him at his best in a blue shirt, £28m will seem like a Tim Cahill bargain if he achieves what he wants.

He is the man who scored more goals than Messi, Ronaldo and Aguero did by time he turned 21 (may be wrong about the age quoted). He did this playing in a average belgian league, but can he do it on a wet wednesday night at stoke in the premier league ? we know the answer to that too. (cue the shouts of he hasnt scored against stoke from a stat man of GOT).

What are people's thoughts on our number 10 ? Was our hand forced by Chelsea knowing how desperate we are for strikers on a limited budget ?

Or

Has Martinez brought in the next big thing ?

Thoughts ?

My thoughts close season were not a penny more than 18M, but no doubt there has been added to that, the sellers ( we know you really really want him ) premium + the Hp over 4 yrs premium so 28M is par for the course.

Will it prove value for money? only time will tell.

You people over analyse everything ffs. He's a good player who is a bit injured but has great potential. Have you ever thought that perhaps Lukaku is obeying Martinez's orders by not running around like a headless chicken, and is not in fact lazy? No, surely not, he's just lazy and doesn't care about the club SELL DER JOODASS 2 DER I-YEST BIDDER!

I think all players who played at the WC have had difficulties getting back to club football. Rom has showed a modest form so far, but it would be a downright exaggeration to say he's been bad. He' been quiet in most of the games, but that has also a lot to do with not getting top notch service from his teammates I guess. Let's not turn against him, he needs to feel the support to hit the ground running. It would be unfair to expect from a 21-year-old to permanently play at the top of his game, it takes some time to get to consistency.

Reckon that's about right. Not too interested in what is/was/will be/would have been/ worth. My question would be: among the things he needs to work on, can most of them be improved just by playing more. Personally, I'd say yes (awareness of other players, playing with back to goal, final ball, heading,etc). His touch? I dunno. But Drogba's touch was pretty average.

When? Perhaps when he first joined and was getting up to speed, but I remember a cup final against the rs and he pulled the ball down on his neck that was played at pace. Most top strikers will have a quality first touch. Rom is great at facing the goal and attacking the ball at the minute, he is a smart guy, his touch has already improved since last season. My major concern is that he's not going to learn being pushed wide every time we play a big game. We need to play to his strengths, he hasn't scored that many goals by hugging the touchline!

Not a fan of his attitude, skill or control but he can slot with the best of them. Also, what's all this about him using Everton as a stepping stone to greater things? He's shown flashes of brilliance but nothing noteworthy, yet...

Can one of the mods @Woolly Blue xxx please change the title to something that makes grammatical sense, i.e "the increasing debate on Rom".
It's doing my head in.

I have changed the title ON the debate OF Rom. I hope i havent ruined your day. With the wars in the world and starving children. Do something productive with your day fool. :rant:;)

He is a lot more dangerous out wide when Seamus is running outside him, gives the left back something to think about. without the threat of Seamus out wide its very predictable that he's going to cut inside and he loses the ball a lot more.

Status
Not open for further replies.