Ian Ross

Status
Not open for further replies.

D410

Player Valuation: £40m
I kid you not

http://www.clickliverpool.com/sport...ing-for-liverpool-fc-communications-role.html

Ex-Everton chief Ian Ross is in the running to become Liverpool's new director of communications.

Club owners Fenway Sports Group are currently searching for a successor to Jen Chang, who vacated his post last month, and Ross is understood to have expressed his interest in the position.

Chang had arrived at Anfield as a replacement for the long-standing Ian Cotton in a bid to stem the tide of negative publicity generated by the Luis Suarez racism row last year.

But he left the club by mutual consent after just six months following allegations he had made threats to a supporter behind a fictional Twitter account he believed was leaking information.

Sean Cummins, who was behind the character 'Duncan Jenkins', claimed the then Reds director, who had no prior experience in football, had accused him of costing the club an additional £300,000 in the transfer of Fabio Borini through his tweets about transfer targets.

Chang was also said to have threatened a series of unsavoury actions towards Cummins during a meeting at a Manchester restaurant in August if he did not cease tweeting from the account.

Ross was head of communications at Everton for over a decade but controversially left the club last November after an email exchange, where he appeared to launch a scathing criticism of chief executive Robert Elstone and the club's overall operations, appeared in the public domain.

During the correspondence, which prompted an internal investigation by the Blues, the 56-year-old allegedly likened Goodison Park to "working in a kindergarten", claimed talk of "paranoia" and "financial meltdown" existed within the club and accused Elstone of being "unfit to lead".

He had initially been expected to assume a new role within the club following the furore but was eventually replaced by Paul Tyrrell, who was previously head of media at Liverpool.

Prior to joining Everton in 2001, Ross had enjoyed a 27-year career as a newspaper journalist, first with the Liverpool Echo before writing for The Times, the Daily Telegraph and The Guardian.

Despite the manner of his departure from the club, his reputation as one of the Premier League's toughest press operators remains intact, making him an ideal candidate for the position.

Liverpool have declined to comment on the selection process.
Read more at http://www.clickliverpool.com/sport...-communications-role.html#7kpCKrXSmpVZUUZL.99

Not a fan of him to be honest, the way he answers his emails is a disgrace and applying for a job across the park shows what a man he is, Kenwright put alot of faith and support his way. Hope he get the job.

I have no regard for him whatsoever, but he is a formidable media operator. Cleaning up after our club's amateur efforts over the years meant he had to be. If he gets the LFC job, it'll be funny seeing how he fences with the Kop Jihadists when the next Yanks Out campaign begins.

He took some severe stick in some quarters, some deserved & some harsh imo. He'd always answer an e-mail in fairness(sometimes far too frankly given his position), However, I lost respect for him when I heard he'd been 'outed' as a poster on kipper (& a ****e one at that apparently). He must have spent his payoff then & is looking for work, he'll have his hands full with the Cult.

Not bothered that he would go to them, gotta make a living after all.

Out of interest, would people on here take a job with them if it was good money/you were desperate etc? My heart says no but my head says i'd be daft to turn any job down in the current climate.

Out of interest, would people on here take a job with them if it was good money/you were desperate etc? My heart says no but my head says i'd be daft to turn any job down in the current climate.

i'd take a job as a player, wait for the perfect opportunity to score an own goal. never in a million years in another capacity though. You may have to wear clothing with their badge on, fook that for laughs

Definitely. Me working in the back office isn't going to make them win the league. A job is a job !

Our current guy, Tyrell, is ex-Liverpool. No biggie.

Good luck to Ross though. Compared to Tyrell he's some sort of PR mastermind.

Status
Not open for further replies.