Howard

Status
Not open for further replies.
To give Howard some credit, whenever I see the USA play he really steps it up, defo loves playing for his country.

I think he's an awful keeper. It's obvious our defence don't trust him at all. The amount of times the crowd shout at him to get off his line is a joke. Elton John was out quicker.

This

Based on what I've seen over the past few seasons I'd take these cats over Howard.

Cech, Reina, Lindergaard, Szceney, Cudicini or Friedel, Schwarzer, Foster, Hart, Ruddy, Sorensen and Robinson.

I haven't seen much of Vorm or De Gea so couldn't comment but both seem highly rated.

I think he's below our level and while we're skint we should keep him but if we ever have any money spare we would need to replace him.

This!

*Swoons!

Cech is gash now, another howler this morning/last night! Reina was gash all year. Cudicini I don't I've seen play since his motorbike accident. Friedel won't have long. Ruddy's been good this season, will he continue? The others, yeah they're keeping pretty well currently.

Currently Howard's better than these players, but they were ace in their time I will definitely give you that. I know you're not saying you'd take these players as of this moment in time (well I don't think you are?).

Cech has looked a bit dodgy lately but for me Howard has looked dodgy for years. Reina had an odd season too but is still a top keeper who commands his area well and has brilliant distribution.

For me that type of keeping is far more valuable than the occassional great save style that Howard has. Not many keepers can make some of the saves he makes but a lot command the area better, communicate with the defence better and have a more intimidating presence and will smash a striker that gets in their way, IMO thats worth more points over a season.

Ill never get my head around the Howard love in - but its all about opinions really.

Id drop 5 mill on Ben Foster and have done with it myself.

I do like Foster, and like you I still reckon Krul is the shizz!

Let's be honest though there's not that many good keepers these days, possibly the balls do a lot more than they used to which makes today's keepers look a bit dodgier? None of them have anything on the likes of Southall, Schmeichel, Seaman and the likes.

I do like Foster, and like you I still reckon Krul is the shizz!

Let's be honest though there's not that many good keepers these days, possibly the balls do a lot more than they used to which makes today's keepers look a bit dodgier? None of them have anything on the likes of Southall, Schmeichel, Seaman and the likes.

They all begin with S too, can't be coincidence. MOYESY GET SCOUTING YOUNG KEEPERS BEGINNING WITH S LAD.

They all begin with S too, can't be coincidence. MOYESY GET SCOUTING YOUNG KEEPERS BEGINNING WITH S LAD.

There is a school of thought that your name reflects what you do well. Southall, Schmeichel, Seaman all start with 'S' and so does what they did. Save.

There is a school of thought that your name reflects what you do well. Southall, Schmeichel, Seaman all start with 'S' and so does what they did. Save.

So Grobbelaar was definitely a gimp, goat and gonad as well as a goalkeeper :D

Status
Not open for further replies.