How would you describe Kanchelskis ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I would describe him as better than Trevor Steven (some will obviously disagree!) and somebody who wasn't here long enough.
Reminds me a lot of Lineker in that context - such a shame we didn't have either of them for a longer time.

He is the one outfield player I would pick from all the years watching Everton (since 84) that I would put in the current team. He was just a juggernaut of a winger when on it. Neville Southall would be my overall choice and even though I loved watching Steven, Lineker, Ferguson and Rooney, I would still pick Kanchelskis. In full flow he was magic.

*Did anyone have an 'On the break... Kanchelskis' T-Shirt with the parody of the KitKat slogan? Easily my favourite pun T back in the day :)

Just so,so direct,I think big Joe described him as a wide striker which was about right,can't really remember him going down the wing and providing many crosses,he'd see the whites of the posts then shoot,really greedy beggar,but I mean that in a good way!!

He is the one outfield player I would pick from all the years watching Everton (since 84) that I would put in the current team. He was just a juggernaut of a winger when on it. Neville Southall would be my overall choice and even though I loved watching Steven, Lineker, Ferguson and Rooney, I would still pick Kanchelskis. In full flow he was magic.

*Did anyone have an 'On the break... Kanchelskis' T-Shirt with the parody of the KitKat slogan? Easily my favourite pun T back in the day :)
Had one of the, had forgot thanks.

Ask your nephew who his fav ever player is/was, then snort and say:

"He was 10 times better......"

because he probably was.

I STILL can't believe we bought him, the best winger in the world at the time.

Been watching Everton since 1969, and he has got the best player to put on a blue shirt, 80s side included. Truly World Class.

Status
Not open for further replies.