Hopes and expectations for this season

So now the squads assembled whats achievable this season?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
The general consensus is we've had a good transfer window, adding well to the squad that finished 5th last season with a record points tally in the premiership. But others above and below us look to have had reasonable summers and have improved as well, come next May what do you think we'll have achieved?

On our current trajectory, we're going to score enough to win everything and concede so much that we'd otherwise be relegated.

Sort that out, and we get Champions League and a trophy.

I think its down to luck now, certain players get injured and we are in trouble, areas needed strengthening. if we stay injury free (ish) and we carry on attacking like we are, we will win alot more games than we lose/draw.

its the amount of extra games that will be the killer.

I think the league standings will end:

1. Chelsea (Talented squad, Mourinho factor, been there and done it before, had the best transfer window)
2. Man City (Another talented squad, good manager, current champions, Aguero's fitness will see them get pipped by Chelsea)
3. Liverpool (Pains me to say it but they play best footy in league, Sturridge, Sterling will be on fire, have added good players)
4. Arsenal (Arsenal will just be Arsenal and get 4th, by the skin of their teeth)
5. Man Utd (Our players will need to bed in, Falcao/RVP/Rooney/Di Maria will be enough to get us to 5th, no Europe to add injuries)
6. Spurs (Europa League will hinder Spurs, still think they've got too many average players, no World Class striker)
7. Everton (Europa League will add to fixture congestion, I don't think you've got the squad depth to cope with all competitions, poor defence)
8. Swansea (My dark horse this season, team has no Europe to contend with this season, just 1 game per week, talented squad)

With he squad we have, top 6.

Still think we are better than Spurs, Man U could go either way.

Europa League is a very tough draw, but with full strength sides out against Lille and Wolfsburg no reason why we cannot qualify.

Not fussed on the league tbh as long as we stuff the RS home and away, same with the mancs. As long as we play some entertaining togger we will win more than we lose and will finish 7th or 8th. What i really want this season is a trophy, in fact i want 2 to make up for how long we have gone without one. So Europa League plus Fa cup or League cup will do me. Squad is definitely good enough to be winning some silverware now.

Honestly can't see us finishing below 7th. Would like to still be in the hunt for Champions League at the business end of the season.

Honestly would love to win a Pot, FA or Europa preferentially. Either will get us back into Europe again.

It all depends on our defence. We can outplay anyone in the league on our day but if we're giving goals away like we have been then we've got no chance of achieving what we should.

Top 4 wouldn't be unrealistic if we could tighten up though.

I think we'll finish 6th. That plus a trophy, even if it's the League Cup and I'd say we've had a pretty good season

I think the league standings will end:

1. Chelsea (Talented squad, Mourinho factor, been there and done it before, had the best transfer window)
2. Man City (Another talented squad, good manager, current champions, Aguero's fitness will see them get pipped by Chelsea)
3. Liverpool (Pains me to say it but they play best footy in league, Sturridge, Sterling will be on fire, have added good players)
4. Arsenal (Arsenal will just be Arsenal and get 4th, by the skin of their teeth)
5. Man Utd (Our players will need to bed in, Falcao/RVP/Rooney/Di Maria will be enough to get us to 5th, no Europe to add injuries)
6. Spurs (Europa League will hinder Spurs, still think they've got too many average players, no World Class striker)
7. Everton (Europa League will add to fixture congestion, I don't think you've got the squad depth to cope with all competitions, poor defence)
8. Swansea (My dark horse this season, team has no Europe to contend with this season, just 1 game per week, talented squad)

Thing is mate, how exactly have you improved at all defensively and not regressed over last season - hard to imagine saying that with the money spent so far, also whilst having 4 top level attackers is all well and good, how the hell are you gonna fit those four - as well as Mata lets not forget on the field at the same time without leaving the defence utterly exposed?

Not knocking ya mate, but to quote our defence being poor based purely on the performance in the first 3 games, is like one of us quoting united scoring 2 in their first 4 games as a reason for them not being a contender this year. Both are obviously by and large blips rather than the norm

Status
Not open for further replies.