Having the Bottle to drop players!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

button_sw

Player Valuation: £225k
We have been pretty dire all season with almost all of our 1st team being woefully out of form at any given time but it seems like Martinez does not have the balls to drop any players that deserve to be.

The players seem to be on a free ride this season as no matter how poor they play they will be playing the following game.

When was the last time Martinez dropped a player after being [Poor language removed] week after week?

Baines, Barry and Lukaku should be getting splinters at present to give them a kick up the ass that they need, the players look far too comfortable IMO.

Lukaku shouldn't be anywhere near the starting eleven on form. But when you pay £28m for a player at Everton then it doesn't matter if he's Beattie level of awfulness, the manager has to play him.

Kone should start the next game. His first touch, hold-up play, movement is far better than Lukaku's. Lukaku's game appears to have stalled. Distin needs to take a back seat in favor of Alcaraz or Stones. McGeady should have started today instead of Eto'o. Howard should not be dropped since the alternative is far worse.

We have been pretty dire all season with almost all of our 1st team being woefully out of form at any given time...
...and half of our squad injured at any given time as-well.

Makes it difficult to drop players who aren't performing when trying to juggle the requirements of the league and Europe.

He also has a hectic Christmas schedule to balance now as-well, so is trying to find a way of utilising players in a manner that keeps them fresh.

Trouble is it's worked against European opposition but failed miserably domestically.

I don't think it's as simple as dropping the players who aren't performing, rather it's down to Martinez to implement suitable tactics that work alongside his system of rotation.

In other words - sort it out Martinez FFS.

Lukaku shouldn't be anywhere near the starting eleven on form. But when you pay £28m for a player at Everton then it doesn't matter if he's Beattie level of awfulness, the manager has to play him.
If he is not doing it don't play him.
The tactics are not helping him but i would start eto'o or kone ahead of him against stoke

Barry should not have started at all today, he has been terrible all season but happily slots back in and the Besic/Barkley partnership that was good on Monday is broken up!! I don't like that at all from Roberto as it seems that Barry is one of his favourites and is on the team sheet no matter what form he is in.

I will give it 4 more games, if I don't see him sorting out the obvious problems, the domain will be up MartinezOut.com

Distin and Lukaku should definitely be dropped for the Stoke game. Martinez needs to send a message to players that they have no automatic right to a place in the team.

The trouble is that the longer this season goes on it is becoming concerning that Martinez does not seem to be able to do that because of his philosophy and mr nice guy personality.

Players seem too comfortable and not scared that they might be dropped, its worrying!

Barry should not have started at all today, he has been terrible all season but happily slots back in and the Besic/Barkley partnership that was good on Monday is broken up!! I don't like that at all from Roberto as it seems that Barry is one of his favourites and is on the team sheet no matter what form he is in.

I heard a few 'pundits' talking about how Barry is a key player for us. [Poor language removed] clueless.

Was thinking earlier is he trying too hard to keep everybody happy. I hope not but if so results and performances arnt going to get better any time soon. To me the only player who gets pulled from the team is mcgeady. The rest don't go to long before being shoe horned in somewhere.

Status
Not open for further replies.