Grade for this transfer window

What grade would you give us for this transfer window

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
We've strenghtened immensely this window, compared to a not very distant level of business we've really gone through the roof with Martinez. Besic and Atsu look like two very astute additions to the squad. Long-time contracts for our brilliant young key players speaks volumes. And both Lukaku and Eto'o are just unbelievable signings.

That said, there are still valid reasons to expect even more from this window and not go for the A+ rating just yet. I feel that the huge investment in Lukaku also means you better make sure he's surrounded by the right players who can let him fulfill his potential. It's a matter of protecting the investment. And what we're still missing is that creative engine in attacking midfield. To hope for that kind of addition really feels like asking for the moon. But until then, the lingering suspicion is we've blown a bit more on that star striker than we really should have.

Though we better remind ourselves that having a complete squad is really only feasible for a very small number of clubs in world football. Our squad could be improved in a number of ways, but that goes for teams like Arsenal and ManU too. But if we just manage to capitalise on our strengths then we're a very strong force in the league. We might not improve on last season'a league position but still, with this transfer window, the so called glass roof is no more. We're competing.

Im changing my B+ grade to an A. It's been an excellent transfer window so far. By far the best i've experienced as an Everton fan.

Ive upgraded from a B+ to an A- afte sammys signing. If we could pick up an attacking mid like isco on loan i will change that to an A.

Either way an ace window one of the best in a long time

This window is very close to being perfect. I mean, considering the sum we've had available, we've pretty much squeezed out the very maximum we could've hoped for before this summer. We didn't compromise by signing quantity for quality as the players that have come in seem to be excellent additions. Yeah, sure you can always point out that we would need a squad as deep as ManCity's, but realistically speaking, considering the tight budget the club is being managed on, we've pretty much strengthened the most necessary areas with fine players and this time most of them on permanent signings. On top of that come the brilliant extensions of key players... this has to be acknlowledged as one of, if not the best transfer window in decades.

Yeah too early for this thread, a lot can still happen, i dont think it will, but another defensive loan i would like

This window can't be anything other than an A+.

You're deluded if you think it's anything other than that. Why you ask?

Well, just look at our last 20+ transfer windows and compare.

Lukaku, Eto'o, Besic, Barry.

Nothing compares. Nothing.

This window can't be anything other than an A+.

You're deluded if you think it's anything other than that. Why you ask?

Well, just look at our last 20+ transfer windows and compare.

Lukaku, Eto'o, Besic, Barry.

Nothing compares. Nothing.

Agreed. I'm trying to imagine how we all would have reacted if this was just 3 years ago (2011) and we find out that we signed Gareth Barry, Romelu Lukaku, and Samuel Eto'o.
  • Barry having spent most of his career as the talisman of Villa, entrenched England international, and fresh off an FA cup win with City.
  • Lukaku as a rising teenage Belgian star who has already been the top goalscorer in the Belgian league and just led his team to the regular season title.
  • and Eto'o with numerous titles to his name and fresh off being the first player ever to win back to back trebles.
To add humor (and realism to this), compare that to the transfer window we did have that year under Moyes. We brought in Jelavic, Gibson, and mcFadden (and loans of Drenthe, Straq, and Donovan).

Lukaku is yet to hit his peak, and in fairness, Barry and Eto'o are both over theirs, but we are talking about truly world class talent all eager to wear our blue shirts right now. Truly NSNO my friends. An amazing time to be a blue. I'd still love to see a few more bodies come in on loan at least, but wow.

Status
Not open for further replies.