Goodison Tours

Status
Not open for further replies.

thirdmantackle

Player Valuation: £35m
I'm just wondering why Goodison doesn't do stadium tours on Saturdays, when there is no game? Doesn't make sense to me.

I still cannot understand why the stadium isn't open for tours on Saturdays when there are no games being played? The pit is open as is old trafford on saturdays.

I have got tours of stadiums around the world - Bernabau, AT&T park San Fran, MCG, Camp Nou and they've always been open on days when there is no game on.

Do the club not want people to come and visit the stadium?

Perhaps they don't want us to make the place dirty before the game.
I mean we would have to pay the cleaners twice in a week and Bill is trying to save some money to pay for a 20 goal a season striker to keep Bobby M wish of champions league football alive

We don't get that many Norwegian and other assorted foreigners clamouring at the door to be let in...thank God.
That's funny because when I went with my son as a birthday treat the was a full max group and I was trying to talk to someone with a blue scarf and he just shrugged his shoulders - my son laughed his head of as he heard him speak later and he was talking Norwegian, and there were two Japanese fans on the tour too!
It is a fantastic ground tour I went on a Sunday three main concerns were it was so cheap - I had Birthday money to spend on EFC Memorabilia, I could not even buy a cup of tea! nothing for sale on a tour that had 30-40 fans with money in their pockets I came away thinking typical BK - in fact I had a load of free goodies older programmes of that season etc given to me!
My local Northern Premiership has more business acumen than that, and oh the other thing I was told to park on the park end car park for the ground tour impossible we had rented it out for LFC as they had a Sunday pm game that day so all the press and Sky had hired the car park so the club did make a few bob that day!
I was told to park on double yellows outside the Alex Young suite as it would be ok the ground tour started late because of this parking hiccup , but TBH it was a fantastic day and unforgettable not for the critic of the hiccups once inside it was so memorable for the right reasons , but the club should be making money on those ground tours merchandise wise maybe it was just a one off?

Last edited:
Nothing on sale during the Goodison tour? Seriously amateur, that. And I'm not trying to be smart.
It may have been a one off but I could not even buy a cup of tea! I had over £100 to spend on books etc nothing available it was in the days of when the shop was a marquee on the far side of the park end even that was shut! I asked and was told to go the EFC shop in town it was the JJB days disappointing to say the least!

What's all this "sounds like a job " for me Bryan?

See below. You customer perspective skillz are unmatched since the revelations about pre ordering coke.

Perhaps they don't want us to make the place dirty before the game.
I mean we would have to pay the cleaners twice in a week and Bill is trying to save some money to pay for a 20 goal a season striker to keep Bobby M wish of champions league football alive

Status
Not open for further replies.