Gerard Deulofeu - Once a Blue, always a Blue

Status
Not open for further replies.
Look at the best players in premier league in recent years - Sanchez Aguero Rooney Bale Tevez it's about pace and power and directness in the forward positions. now clearly he's not in the class of the above but he knows how to stretch a defence with his strong running. in some ways he provides the complete antidote to our current malaise which is slow ponderous mike walker style knock it around in your own half for 5 mins at a time football.

Last edited:
Look at the best players in premier league in recent years - Sanchez Aguero Rooney Bale Tevez it's about pace and power and directness in the forward positions. now clearly he's not in the class of the above but he knows how to stretch a defence with his strong running. in some ways he provides the complete antidote to our current malaise which is slow ponderous mike walker style knock it around in your own half for 5 mins at a time football.
his pace was very useful on a number of occasions for us last year. Even if he didn't directly contribute with a goal or assist he put defences onto the back foot.

Completely agree. He provides something completely different to what we have now, someone who can get in behind defences.
His big issue has been his selfishness - if he can learn to look to lay the ball off sometimes then he could be a fantastic player.

As mentioned in the transfer window thread.

It's not necessarily Deulofeu we miss, it's a player like him we miss.

I loved this kid, and I probably over rated him last season as I fully admit he had the capability to utterly do your head in, but we miss a player who scares defenders.

Didn't play tonight for Sevilla

Only had 2 starts/2 sub appearances in the Europa, 6 starts/3 sub appearances in the league, 2 sub appearances in the Copa del Ray.

A year ago he was scoring against Arsenal...
I'm disappointed every time I look for him in the boxscore and he just sat on the bench

haha...chill pill lads....before you all start snapping at me....we are rubbish so far this year...big effort to make Europa League again. Fifth looks gone.

Status
Not open for further replies.