Gerard Deulofeu - Once a Blue, always a Blue

Status
Not open for further replies.
“On a personal level I’m fine and the fans keep supporting me every day. In England they were also effusive in their praise at specific times, but here they’re encouraging us throughout the whole game. I don’t think there are fans like this anywhere else, in England or Spain.”

Seems like he's settling in there pretty well.

Must have been weird for him to come on against Barca at the Camp Nou, anyone see how he did - know the game was pretty much over anyway by the time he appeared.
Actually it was 2-1 and he immediately did well closing down, causing a turnover and then had a chance to put in a cross first time for Bacca who would have had a tap in. Instead he cut back and tried to beat his man and it went out for a corner.

After that he barely had a kick.

From what I've seen of him at Sevilla he hardly has been setting the league alight and will probably be sold by Barca in the summer for around 10m-15m and I can't really see too many teams in Spain willing to spend that.

Actually it was 2-1 and he immediately did well closing down, causing a turnover and then had a chance to put in a cross first time for Bacca who would have had a tap in. Instead he cut back and tried to beat his man and it went out for a corner.

After that he barely had a kick.

From what I've seen of him at Sevilla he hardly has been setting the league alight and will probably be sold by Barca in the summer for around 10m-15m and I can't really see too many teams in Spain willing to spend that.

blimey, i would be all over him for 10 mill!

So in Spain a loanee can play against his parent club, then.
Yep, same goes for the Champions League.

That's how Courtois(sp?) played against Chelsea. I'm sure the contract actually stated he couldn't play against Chelsea but UEFA said it wasn't legal.

Edit: Just checked Wiki, "When Atlético were drawn to play Chelsea in the Champions League semi-final, it was reported that a clause in Courtois' contract required Atlético to pay Chelsea €3 million per match if they selected him against his parent club, and that Atlético could not afford such a sum. UEFA made it clear that considerations of sporting integrity made such a clause "null, void and unenforceable", and confirmed that Atlético were free to select Courtois without making any such payment"

Yep, same goes for the Champions League.

That's how Courtois(sp?) played against Chelsea. I'm sure the contract actually stated he couldn't play against Chelsea but UEFA said it wasn't legal.

Edit: Just checked Wiki, "When Atlético were drawn to play Chelsea in the Champions League semi-final, it was reported that a clause in Courtois' contract required Atlético to pay Chelsea €3 million per match if they selected him against his parent club, and that Atlético could not afford such a sum. UEFA made it clear that considerations of sporting integrity made such a clause "null, void and unenforceable", and confirmed that Atlético were free to select Courtois without making any such payment"

Oh, I forgot about the Courtios thing.

:( I'd be happy to use almost all of our next year transfer budget on him
Don't think he will be going anywhere in January but the summer will be interesting.

I don't watch La Liga but the impression I have so far from people who do is that he hasn't improved greatly in the areas that Enrique criticised. There are still six months to go but not sure his defensive workrate is ever going to meet Enrique's requirements.

Don't think he will be going anywhere in January but the summer will be interesting.

I don't watch La Liga but the impression I have so far from people who do is that he hasn't improved greatly in the areas that Enrique criticised. There are still six months to go but not sure his defensive workrate is ever going to meet Enrique's requirements.

His game seems more suited for the prem. He's too direct for that jarg league.

Status
Not open for further replies.