Gerard Deulofeu - Once a Blue, always a Blue

Status
Not open for further replies.
Glad he is doing well despite that not being great news for my hopes of seeing him play for Everton again!

Is he allowed to play against Barca in November or does the loan deal exclude that?

Only RM includes clauses like that, Deulofeu & Denis Suarez will both play against Barcelona if fit & not on suspension

He's playing well and Sevilla under Emery are actually a good fit for what Barcelona hoped to see improvements in Deulofeu but I think Emery's depth in attack is what will hopefully push the player as well...Bacca alone is an excellent striker, extremely underrated...Same with the gifted Gameiro...No surprise Sevilla sporting director, Monchi, is in such high demand

Deulofeu's situation, wrt Barcelona, remains murky though...it's an odd situation

He'll have to go back to Barca and stay at least through next summer because of the transfer ban affecting them for the next two windows though if I understand the ban correctly so at least he'll get a chance then.

True except it's hard to gauge where the player's head/heart is atm...I've gotten the sense that he's upset with the club (Rightly so, IMO) and the club does not hold players ransom due to their buyout...If Deulofeu pushed for a move, he'd get it...I hope I'm wrong

He'll have to go back to Barca and stay at least through next summer because of the transfer ban affecting them for the next two windows though if I understand the ban correctly so at least he'll get a chance then.
Does the ban prevent them from selling too? For some reason I just thought it prevented them from buying, but I don't know where I got that idea tbh.

Does the ban prevent them from selling too? For some reason I just thought it prevented them from buying, but I don't know where I got that idea tbh.
As I understand it, yes.

Also think it stops new loans in and out as it applies to changing the registration for a player in the senior side. So I think Deulofeu can go back to Barca in the summer (or in Jan) but cannot for instance be reloaned/sold to Sevilla (or us) until Dec next year. Not found anything on how it affects loans/sales/purchases for the players registered to the junior team Barca B.

But most of the stuff I've read on the fine print of the ruling has been in Spanish translated via Google so I could have it completely wrong!

Last edited:

As I understand it, yes.

Also think it stops new loans in and out as it applies to changing the registration for a player in the senior side. So I think Deulofeu can go back to Barca in the summer (or in Jan) but cannot for instance be reloaned/sold to Sevilla (or us) until Dec next year. Not found anything on how it affects loans/sales/purchases for the players registered to the junior team Barca B.

But most of the stuff I've read on the fine print of the ruling has been in Spanish translated via Google so I could have it completely wrong!
Interesting, for Deulofeu's sake I hope it doesn't result in him missing out on first team footy. Could possibly be pretty harsh for a player in his situation.

Can't see the transfer ban applying to individual players otherwise the situation would amount to "club does something wrong; players get punished" - couldn't possibly survive a court case surely?

Status
Not open for further replies.