Gerard Deulofeu - Once a Blue, always a Blue

Status
Not open for further replies.

What's this about a potential return to Everton in January? Is his loan a season one for his current club?

Rumours, perhaps started by his agent early at Sevilla...It's still early but he along with Denis Suarez are already key players for Emery...It's a season long loan but he can always be recalled and sent elsewhere...When the Catalan press showed concern about how little he was being used at Sevilla, suddenly his minutes jumped and combined with his run of success of late, I think he will continue at Sevilla in January

Rumours, perhaps started by his agent early at Sevilla...It's still early but he along with Denis Suarez are already key players for Emery...It's a season long loan but he can always be recalled and sent elsewhere...When the Catalan press showed concern about how little he was being used at Sevilla, suddenly his minutes jumped and combined with his run of success of late, I think he will continue at Sevilla in January
Ahh right. OK. Doubt we'll be in for him, but as with previous players who come on loan they never seem to let go. I loved him, i know he got grief but his talent is as obvious as day light.

Presently, this is precisely what we're missing! Our £28m striker is going out wide as a result..

Ahh right. OK. Doubt we'll be in for him, but as with previous players who come on loan they never seem to let go. I loved him, i know he got grief but his talent is as obvious as day light.

Presently, this is precisely what we're missing! Our £28m striker is going out wide as a result..

I agree, Everton is lacking width in their attack (Injuries don't help the depth issues) while Lukaku is wasted on the flank...Good to see Oviedo back, but you can see he still needs to regain match fitness...Of course, it took some amazing work from De Gea to prevent Everton getting some points today - I was sure Osman was going to score late, helluva save

Id agree with this entirely

Nailed it mate.

We just aren't putting the opposition on the back foot enough and Deulofeu could do that (even though his end product was a little dubious at times I admit).

I thought he suppressed Coleman's game. Whenever he played in front of seamus you
could see his reluctance to get forward.
Don't think he trusted his link up play or his ability to track back.
Seamus shines without him.

I thought he suppressed Coleman's game. Whenever he played in front of seamus you
could see his reluctance to get forward.
Don't think he trusted his link up play or his ability to track back.
Seamus shines without him.

Counterpoint: Coleman was named in the prem's best 11 playing with Gerard. Gerard bombed forward more than say McGeady does but last year we kind of needed his selfishness becuase we freqently got into pass pass pass pass pass ruts when he wasn't there. We especially needed him when Lukaku got injured. Coleman is quite a good defender now as well and him staying back and picking his spots may have been the reason why we were solid in defense as well. Because what I'm noticing (except for last 2 matches that Hibbo started) was that we we've been getting exploited on the wings all year.

Status
Not open for further replies.