Gerard Deulofeu - Once a Blue, always a Blue

Status
Not open for further replies.
All accounts?

I never heard one account from any source alluding to that. I'm not saying that what you said isn't true. I'm just saying that I haven't heard that at all although I could understand that might be assumed.

But I haven't read where the players were fed up with him.

And nowhere has that rep ever emerged from a team aspect, not in the lower youth sides with his club nor with the NT where the discipline is taken very seriously...He's cocky but he's never been accused of being a disruptive or unfriendly teammate and it's not something you could ever keep secret if it were the case

Played all of the 93 minutes against Feyenoord and showed all aspects of his game except scoring yet also included the areas he continues to have to work on - making the right final pass/decision and tracking back...Despite all of that, he was the difference in the match

Moreover, he was faced with a lot of pressure & criticism ahead of the match and responded with a MOTM performance...Every club wants talents who not only face challenges and overcome them but who better still, decide matches

After the match he was interviewed by local Barcelona media (Onda Cero) who are obviously very interested in his progress and gave the impression he was blindsided by the club over his loan again:

"I would like to have known I was going to be sent out on loan"

I think Martinez is gonna burn a good few bridges with many clubs/players regarding loans, the lads a very good player and deserves much more game time than what he has seen so far. Even the last 15 mins of most matches is something. He's of to the ACON aswell soon what's the point in loaning him if we ain't gonna play him

He came on against Arsenal, couldn't play against Chelsea and then we've had two huge wins since. Why do you feel the need to moan?

He came on against Arsenal, couldn't play against Chelsea and then we've had two huge wins since. Why do you feel the need to moan?

Regardless take out the Chelsea game we have still played 4 games where he has made 1 10 min cameo. If we want to be a good club to loan players to we need to play them not do a victor moses on him.

Lukaku wanted to stay at the end of his loan spell as he was trusted by the manager and played regular football allowing him to build up a good relationship with the team and supporters. Del never and that's why we won't sign him or any other barca lads in the near future be it loan or otherwise.

Pienaar isn't getting younger and without him we have 2 wingers in mirallas (no idea if getting a new contract or not) and mcgeady, I would be looking at atsu as a player to sign after the loan spell but it won't happen if he never gets game time/isn't happy

Regardless take out the Chelsea game we have still played 4 games where he has made 1 10 min cameo. If we want to be a good club to loan players to we need to play them not do a victor moses on him.

Lukaku wanted to stay at the end of his loan spell as he was trusted by the manager and played regular football allowing him to build up a good relationship with the team and supporters. Del never and that's why we won't sign him or any other barca lads in the near future be it loan or otherwise.

Pienaar isn't getting younger and without him we have 2 wingers in mirallas (no idea if getting a new contract or not) and mcgeady, I would be looking at atsu as a player to sign after the loan spell but it won't happen if he never gets game time/isn't happy
It's not our job to develop talent for other teams. We loan players because they can help our squad not to do other clubs a favour. Bit stupid to decide who gets on the pitch based on keeping Chelsea or Barcelona happy.

It's not our job to develop talent for other teams. We loan players because they can help our squad not to do other clubs a favour. Bit stupid to decide who gets on the pitch based on keeping Chelsea or Barcelona happy.

Who said it was mate? Certainly wasn't me if you re read I make the point us giving lukaku game time is the reason we have one of the best young players in the world up top for us, had bobby left him on the bench he would have left back to Chelsea. If atsu plays regularly he will want to stay and therefore we have the chance of signing another good player. We don't like del he doesn't want to stay and sods off

Many new players take time to adapt to the pace/strength of the premier league, as was the case with Deulofeu who was exhausted very early on in his first matches. He however had the benefit of a full preseason with the squad and wasn't recovering from the rigours of a World Cup.

We've had a tough schedule to start this season, other than WBA not really matches to introduce new players. Besic and Atsu have had similar minutes so far and will be training to build up their match fitness. I expect to see more of both as the games/injuries increase and we have a few "easier" games.

And nowhere has that rep ever emerged from a team aspect, not in the lower youth sides with his club nor with the NT where the discipline is taken very seriously...He's cocky but he's never been accused of being a disruptive or unfriendly teammate and it's not something you could ever keep secret if it were the case

Played all of the 93 minutes against Feyenoord and showed all aspects of his game except scoring yet also included the areas he continues to have to work on - making the right final pass/decision and tracking back...Despite all of that, he was the difference in the match

Moreover, he was faced with a lot of pressure & criticism ahead of the match and responded with a MOTM performance...Every club wants talents who not only face challenges and overcome them but who better still, decide matches

After the match he was interviewed by local Barcelona media (Onda Cero) who are obviously very interested in his progress and gave the impression he was blindsided by the club over his loan again:

"I would like to have known I was going to be sent out on loan"
There's a question I've always wanted to know the answer to. How much heroin is too much heroin for a Swiss American?

Status
Not open for further replies.