Gerard Deulofeu - Once a Blue, always a Blue

Status
Not open for further replies.
Fair enough, but I'd say in the last game alone he overhit so many crosses that they just went out closer to the corner flag than to the goal at all... Just needs to improve on that, that is all. Delivery to the front post is a lot easier cuz he just has to blast it low and hope someone taps it in... Granted rarely anyone does, but I do think he never actually looks up to cross it - the goal against Sland is proof of that - just putting the ball in and hoping...

i still have no idea why we haven't jacked in corners. we don't even commit players to the box for them, so why not take it short and create an opening that way. we create enough from open play, so why try and create something from a style of play none of our players buy into any more.

Delofeu is the potential match winner tomorrow -- if he's allowed to wonder into the middle at times and if he can switch wings. He took a lot of stick v CP. But he only ever received the ball very wide right, and invariably it was being played right into his feet and when he was stationary. It was odd, but typical of RM's strange thinking for that game, that he was not once allowed to switch wings. Let him do what he does best -- run into the middle of the box and dare defenders to tackle him.

Do you think the "temporary" lifting of the transfer ban will help or hinder our efforts to get Gerry? It might see them stocking up on their squad to prepare for the future or it might see them having a clear out to make way for their primary transfer targets.

Status
Not open for further replies.