Gerard Deulofeu - Once a Blue, always a Blue

Status
Not open for further replies.
That probably true. I used to live next to that Tesco in Sefton park. Loads of footy players lived there & around it.

Not sure he would say he is staying like. Probably balls.
Because he probably asked him like, and he's not too good at English so might not have been able to tell him that he couldn't answer.

All great!
All inconsistent!
Should start with two of them and not be afraid to substitute at HT when one of them isn't in the game.

Should start with the same team we started against Arsenal - eg start with Osman and bring on Barkley later.

Would love him to stay, great option to have for us.
Agreed, just work on passing and delivery Gerry ffs- everything else is there!

He beats his man regularly, is pacy enough to be a constant threat, good first touch, his finishing isn't the best but he'll improve on that. The only thing which is a major disappointment is his constantly awful delivery - he often manages to not even hit the box ffs, just overshoots it so much for some reason... Passing in general has improved, but sometimes he still cocks up the easy thing.

Me too.

@Mikey_Fitzgerald hates him.

That alone makes me want him to stay.

Then add the fact he's utterly boss, if a little selfish I grant you, but he's ace and won us about 10 points on his own this year.

He can be incredibly frustrating times but we're better off with him in the squad than without.

I'd ve surprised if he went back to Barca in the summer, he's clearly not ready to be in their squad if he does for them what he does for us, they've got plenty better and more consistent players.

Whether he stays on loan with us remains to be seen but we'd be daft not to take him back if he's still on offer.

If he wants to get in Barcs's team he needs to improve his all round game and not just play for himself. And even if he doesn't, he'll still get us goals and assists because he still makes things happen.

Not Deulofeu - his crossing, bar a few from this whole season, has been worse than Mirallas' on occasion. It's almost as if he just tries to shoot instead of crossing it in.
No one ever attacks the front post though, if Rom went near post the amount of tap ins he wouldve had over the season is ridiculous

No one ever attacks the front post though, if Rom went near post the amount of tap ins he wouldve had over the season is ridiculous
Fair enough, but I'd say in the last game alone he overhit so many crosses that they just went out closer to the corner flag than to the goal at all... Just needs to improve on that, that is all. Delivery to the front post is a lot easier cuz he just has to blast it low and hope someone taps it in... Granted rarely anyone does, but I do think he never actually looks up to cross it - the goal against Sland is proof of that - just putting the ball in and hoping...

Status
Not open for further replies.