Gerard Deulofeu - Once a Blue, always a Blue

Status
Not open for further replies.
He was poor in the first half yesterday, our weakest player, but he improved in the second and arguably forced the OG.

He is going to be world class once he remembers it isn't all about him.

I hope we keep him for another full season.

He'll be a brilliant player in Spain once he does that, but I can't see him being a Premier League player.

Leon Osman has made over 300 Premier League appearances, fairly sure Deulofeu would do just fine in this league. In fact, he already is..

Oh he'd do just fine, yeah, not sure he is at the moment though. What I mean is that he'd be more suited to Spain, definitely.

Not really arsed.

If he was called David Smith everyone would be crying about how weak and greedy he is.

Comes from Narnia (sorry, La Masia) and everyone wanks themselves silly.
Is right. His 'potential', such as it is, is just that: potential. We only have him for one year, his potential is nothing to us. He has been our least productive player by a mile

Too selfish at the moment, methinks.
But I can't see him returning to Barcelona (how is he going to get playtime in that team???), so I guess Martinez has another year to teach him how to be a team player.

If he would have passed more (and better) we probably would have scored earlier on in the game.

If Naismith doesn't miss that sitter, the game probably would be easier. If Osman would have played better....If, if , if. What matters is the goal came from one of his plays. But you can't give him credit.

Not saying he wasn't wasteful, he was. But all of the danger for Everton came from his side. Naismith, Lukaku, Osman were far worse than him. He was the only one that created things on the attacking side of the ball. And again, he made the play for the goal.

Last edited:
If Naismith doesn't miss that sitter, the game probably would be easier. If Osman would have played better....If, if , if. What matters is the goal came from one of his plays. But you can't give him credit.

Not saying he wasn't wasteful, he was. But all of the danger for Everton came from his side. Naismith, Lukaku, Osman were far worse than him. He was the only one that created things on the attacking side of the ball. And again, he made the play for the goal.

I stand corrected.
Please regard my statement not as negative as it sounded. See it more as an expression of hope that next time players like Deulofeu and Mirallas try to alternate more between dribbling, passing and shooting, thus being more dangerous and creating more chances for the team.

Status
Not open for further replies.