Gerard Deulofeu - Once a Blue, always a Blue

Status
Not open for further replies.
Very overrated player currently in my opinion. A long long way away from being the finished article but the potential he has is massive. If he starts to learn the game more and improve his concentration etc he could go on to be one of the best wingers in the world. As it is, he shows glimpses, and was actually very productive the other night in terms of having a hand in three of the goals, but he could do even better.

I'm being critical as he has aspirations to play for Barcelona though. There are times when he chooses the wrong option and one of the worst examples is when he beats the man round the outside and is on the by line. Instead of squaring it he tries to shoot everytime from an impossible angle. He will never ever score like that. Naismith was fuming with him the other night and Lukaku has at other times too. Contrast that to the ball he put over for Lukaku's goal which was a great bit of play.

Exciting player and a great threat at the moment but he needs to start learning certain things quick. He's already done well with getting tougher and tracking back the other week so let's hope he improves his attacking play too.

i dont understand how someone of 20 years old can be overrated.

Why isn't he a prem player?

Hes very similar to early-Utd Ronaldo in talent and physique and he ended being arguable the best Premier League player ever.

I think he would make a perfectly good prem player, and don't quite know what grounds you have to dismiss anyone who thinks alternatively?

Teach us oh wise one, I beg you

I think he was being sarcastic.

It's my opinion so why are you trying to dismiss it as if that means you are suddenly correct and my point is irrelevant by saying footy isn't for me and calling a valid point ridiculous? In my opinion, he's overrated at the moment and is a very frustrating player to watch at times. If you think he's already Lionel Messi then fair enough, but I have seen a lot of the lad so far to see that there are weaknesses in his game that he needs to improve on quickly if he is to make it at the top. An example of a weakness to his game is when he is running at the defence from the half way line or 1 on 1 in front of the keeper. Mirallas scored against Stoke last season by running at the defence from the half way line and slotting it in. He did similar at Spurs away. I take your point that he is young, and Lukaku also needs to improve this area of his game, but Barkley is a similar age and he scored the one the other night and went on a 60 yard run against Arsenal to create the goal.

Deulofeu should have that to his game, and he messed up a few times in the Goodison derby, and a couple of weeks ago couldn't get round the Cardiff defender when 1 on 1.

He's young so has plenty of time to learn but he's nowhere near the finished article.

Deulofeu ran 80yards to block them from scoring straight before that counter. He was on his lazzys to be fair.
Yeah Barkley scored a cracker last night but no-one tried to tackle him. That was very good by Barkley but it was absolutely abysmal by Newcastle.

Deulofeu ran 80yards to block them from scoring straight before that counter. He was on his lazzys to be fair.
Yeah Barkley scored a cracker last night but no-one tried to tackle him. That was very good by Barkley but it was absolutely abysmal by Newcastle.

Fair point there. I was impressed with his tracking back though, which is a part of his game that has improved since he's been here. He saved us a goal there so I think it's a good aspect to have to his game from time to time.

Why isn't he a prem player?

Hes very similar to early-Utd Ronaldo in talent and physique and he ended being arguable the best Premier League player ever.

I think he would make a perfectly good prem player, and don't quite know what grounds you have to dismiss anyone who thinks alternatively?

Teach us oh wise one, I beg you
I could be here all day. Some players just fail the prem don't they. Refuses to go up for headers, doesn't really track back unless its a must (which is part of the prem game because defenders can't defend 1 on 1).

I can't really remember Ronaldo at the start of Man United so can't comment on that one. He would make Barcas bench and get minutes now. Give him space just like Newcastle away (big pitch) and he will be world class.

i dont understand how someone of 20 years old can be overrated.

Why not? We've had fans of other clubs and the media telling us that he's one of our most important players for a start when he's barely started a game this season. But then again, that's to try and make out like we are relying solely on our loan players which is another poor argument they try and direct at us.

Fair point there. I was impressed with his tracking back though, which is a part of his game that has improved since he's been here. He saved us a goal there so I think it's a good aspect to have to his game from time to time.
But people say hes not good enough for Barca because he doesn't track back which is my main point about him. When do you ever see a winger for Barca track back? I hardly see anyone in la liga track back. Barca want him to not be greedy, they aren't arsed about him helping Alves or Alba

I could be here all day. Some players just fail the prem don't they. Refuses to go up for headers, doesn't really track back unless its a must (which is part of the prem game because defenders can't defend 1 on 1).

I can't really remember Ronaldo at the start of Man United so can't comment on that one. He would make Barcas bench and get minutes now. Give him space just like Newcastle away (big pitch) and he will be world class.

Whilst I appreciate what your saying, the lad is just a kid who is learning his trade. Against Newcastle I saw him tracking back and helping out Coleman when he had to. The right decision tactically would be to play him how we do in the prem, with 1 CF with 2 wingers high up the pitch between opposing full back and midfielder where the space is. By playing 2 holding midfielders like we do he doesn't need to track back as much and waste his bursts of energy. Look at Messi, he walks around the pitch for 85 mins and then BOOM hes off as soon as he sees he opportunity. He is absolutely cut out to be a top, top Premier League player as long as he continues to learn when and where his magic is appropriate.

I cant see where your point is justified about him being destined to fail in the PL, because he doesn't win headers?!

Bonkers stuff.

Very overrated player currently in my opinion. A long long way away from being the finished article but the potential he has is massive. If he starts to learn the game more and improve his concentration etc he could go on to be one of the best wingers in the world. As it is, he shows glimpses, and was actually very productive the other night in terms of having a hand in three of the goals, but he could do even better.

I'm being critical as he has aspirations to play for Barcelona though. There are times when he chooses the wrong option and one of the worst examples is when he beats the man round the outside and is on the by line. Instead of squaring it he tries to shoot everytime from an impossible angle. He will never ever score like that. Naismith was fuming with him the other night and Lukaku has at other times too. Contrast that to the ball he put over for Lukaku's goal which was a great bit of play.

Exciting player and a great threat at the moment but he needs to start learning certain things quick. He's already done well with getting tougher and tracking back the other week so let's hope he improves his attacking play too.

He did score like that against Arsenal.

Status
Not open for further replies.