Gerard Deulofeu - Once a Blue, always a Blue

Status
Not open for further replies.
He's not the kind of player who 'dominates' games. He produces the odd bit of magic that unlocks defences and creates goals. That is his game and he is very good at it. The remainder of his game is poor in premiership terms as a midfielder has to track back and offer more...he hasn't learnt that yet.
If you're talking 'dominant' then Barkley is that kind of player...and he isn't the finished article either...yet

Well, if that's the case, then I'm sure no one will miss him when he's gone

Are you a bit dense or something? People recognise his potential, so we'd be happy to see him develop and have an impact here due to his raw talent, but we don't think he's a messiah who "dominates" games. We'd miss his unpredictably, that's about it, but the hope is in his second season he'd bring the same skill with more consistency and a rounded game.

Have you actually watched us play or are you basing all your nonsense on match reports and YouTube clips of his goals? Because you're coming across as absolutely clueless in all honesty.

What a silly thing to say.

Think about it.

I wasn't trying to be a smart ass, more of an incredulous response to so many posters who seem to hope he'll stay a 2nd season yet those who minimize his contributions...Either he's a valuable asset or he's not, there's definitely an in between but not so far as deciding whether he should be on loan or not...It's one or the other

I wasn't trying to be a smart ass, more of an incredulous response to so many posters who seem to hope he'll stay a 2nd season yet those who minimize his contributions...Either he's a valuable asset or he's not, there's definitely an in between but not so far as deciding whether he should be on loan or not...It's one or the other

You're talking utter rubbish.

Clueless. Of course there's a middle ground when deciding if he's worth being in the Everton squad for another season - it's not a case of loaning Maradona or Titus Bramble FFS

Dominant? Lolza. In all honesty, Naismith has contributed more this season. So far. I still expect him to play a big part for us yet. As for next season - nobody on this forum knows where he will be, that's for sure.

I don't think people are minimizing his contribution...we would like him here next season. However, the point everyone is trying to make is that he is far from the finished article. The loan benefits both ways, not just us for having him..but for Barca by us actually playing him. If he doesn't play for Barca next season then he will improve less than if he stays with us...or do you disagree?

Is this actually Gerry? because I find it impossible for a normal fan to brown-nose a player to this degree? I don't even do this much brown-nosing of Ross, and Id have his babies.

The fact is, Gerry is a good impact player to come off the bench, personally, I would not start him because he is way to inconsistent and his decision making is usually very selfish in the final third which undoes his hard work the majority of the time. What he is at the minute is an impact sub for Everton, like it or lump it.

You do come across very arogant as someone mentioned earlier, it's almost like you think we should not have this player and we don't deserve to have him.. and "weather we like it or not he's not going to be here long".

Last edited:

Stating that he hasn't dominated every match he's been in is not minimizing his contributions...what a silly thing to say.

Of course he's a valuable asset. We don't need to run to the extremes to justify that.

I have literally never seen a single everton player in 20 plus years of watching us dominate every single game he plays.

Yet there's quite a few of those I missed when they left.

Kanchelskis did for me. Best player I have ever watched in an Everton shirt.

Status
Not open for further replies.