Gareth Barry

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nope, he's not been himself for a good month or so. Neither has the team admittedly but he's looked especially weary.

I often think I'm the only one with a Benefit-of-the-Doubt-o-meter.

I understand that we pay money to watch them, however you may add to the cause, but I still believe they are Humans.

Prone to errors of judgement where things can go south fairly quickly, especially in a highly competitive environment. I don't understand how we can love someone one week and slag them off the next.

But saying that, everyone should have the right to voice an opinion, for which is our right in our respective Democracies; i only wish that people take in to account the big picture, while needlessly sweating on the small stuff.

I'm as frustrated as the next guy who gets up all hours of the night to watch the nice coloured dots put the big white dot in the right hole of the jarg dots, but at the end of the day, the Sun goes down and we get up and do it all again.

I have noticed the two things people slated me for in the summer seems to be both gathering a lot of pace within a few months.

Barry isnt going to be the player he was last season because he is a year older. Of course he is declining, most older players are compared to Pirlo or Giggs very unfairly because they will get worse over time. I knew barry would be declining as he shown that from jan onwards that he wasnt the player he used to be. Yes he can do a job still but the next 6 months needs to be the changeover from barry to besic in the first team so the team is stronger for next year.

I still think a lot of blues talking about barry is largely the same to kopites about their captain. 'he's still got it', 'still talented', 'doesnt go overnight' 'experienced' etc i am sure the RAWK thread on slippy and this thread over the past few months will be mirror images almost

Comparing us to RAWK?

86996-jack-nicholson-WTF-what-gif-da-4yl7.gif

I think Barry is more than just a favourite he is Martinez's comfort blanket. If Barry is fit he play's. His form has been off since he came back ,but you have to look at the fact that james mcCarthys legs in midfield allow gaz baz the chance to do what he does best, read the game and get into position. With james missing ,Barry has to do more leg work so his game is off, a bit like anyone who has their workload doubled, on a football pitch or at work. (no disrespect to besic)

Badly stifling the team's play. He's actually pointless right now, stumbling on the ball and constantly giving it away.

He's definitely a player Martinez views as pivotal though and he won't be dropped.

I'm ok with him if Barkley is in front of him.

When he's required to do more offensively than he might normally would, we suffer.

He's useless, but Martinez is in love with him and will continue to play him as he still believes that he is one of the best midfielders in Europe. Martinez will only drop Barry for one man only, and he is called Tom Cleverley, can't wait.

Status
Not open for further replies.