First league match lineup.

Status
Not open for further replies.
And if it doesn't move, move it and then kick it. Having said that it would be better to thrash them playing decent footy...

I've changed my mind about this. I thought Roberto might have been a bit experimental but after reading your posts I have to concede.........Osman must start the match.

For Europe / Cups

Robles
Browning Distin Duffy Garbutt
Besic Ledson
Naismith Lundstram Kennedy
Kone
No way will we play that lineup in the Europa league.

Distin will remain a first-team player - in the big European games he'll play alongside Jags or Stones. In the dead rubbers he won't play at all, because RM will look to keep him fresh and use those games to give Stones and Duffy significant game time.

Naismith's not a winger. McGeady and Pienaar will get a few midweek starts, determined by who's the odd one out in the previous game. Would still like to see a young RW / RM come in though, we have the space for one to rotate with Mirallas.

If Kone starts any meaningful games, we haven't got enough strikers.

GK. Howard
RB. Coleman
LB. Baines
CB. Stones
CB. Jagielka
CM. Barry
CM. McCarthy
RM. McGeady
LM. Pienaar
AM. Barkley
CF. Mirallas

This is until we sign this "number 9" which RM speaks of, then move Mirallas to RM and drop McGeady to the bench.

So far if the match was based on the actual squad:

Howard
Coleman
Jagielka
Stones
Baines

Barry
Mccarthy
Mirallas
Barkley
Mcgeady

Kone

Subs:
Robles
Besic
Naismith
Distin
Oviedo
Pienarr
Osman

For Europe / Cups

Robles
Browning Distin Duffy Garbutt
Besic Ledson
Naismith Lundstram Kennedy
Kone

There's no way we'd play this team in Europe. What's the point in qualifying if we're just gonna play the kids? Surely some of the senior pros will want euro game time?

We played our strongest team in 07-08 when we were in the uefa and didn't do too bad in the league that year with a squad of similar depth to now (albeit with more options up top)

Either everyone has forgot Gibson is healthy again or they are assuming he'll be injured. lol

Ah - the annual ritual where we all pick teams that leave out Osman, then the site goes into meltdown when the manager has the nerve to select the player who appeared in every game for us last season !

But this time I have to agree : it's hard to see where Osman would fit in to our full strength starting XI.

I have been saying this since the 2009 FA Cup final where he stunk the gaff out.

I have been saying this since the 2009 FA Cup final where he stunk the gaff out.

And since that day he's scored 24 goals for us, he's played for England, he's got a good record wearing the captain's armband for us ... which doesn't make the managers right to pick him, but it's just possible that they've seen things in him which you haven't.

Say if we spend all our budget on Rom.

1st team:

Howard

Coleman Jagielka Distin Baines

McCarthy Barry

Mirallas Barkley Pienaar

Lukaku

2nd team:

Robles

Hibbert Stones Alcaraz Oviedo

Gibson Besic

Naismith Osman McGeady

Kone

Hate posts like this. Elaborate, don't just completely dismiss it without giving a reason why. There's experience and raw-ness in that team, which I think is a good balance. So you want us to put our best 11 out on a Thursday then play them again on a Sunday, don't be silly.

That lineup...in Europe...

As said above, that is mostly a reserve team squad plus Naismith, Besic, and Distin.

And the idea in playing young kids is to get them surrounded with experienced players so that they can develop and adapt to top flight football, not just throw a kid in with 6 other young prospects...in Europe ffs.

....the line up for the Leicester game will be interesting. The Centre Forward position is an unknown, even if Lukaku comes in I don't know if his pre-season preparation will be sufficient for him to start. I suspect the team will basically be the regulars from last season, but I really don't know who the centre back pairing will be.

....the line up for the Leicester game will be interesting. The Centre Forward position is an unknown, even if Lukaku comes in I don't know if his pre-season preparation will be sufficient for him to start. I suspect the team will basically be the regulars from last season, but I really don't know who the centre back pairing will be.

He will have played less than 3 games worth of minutes a month ago, he's 21 and he already knows the rest of the lads who'll be starting. Wouldn't worry about his lack of a preseason with us mate.

Status
Not open for further replies.