First league match lineup.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Buckers

No idea what’s going on.
I know it's early days but I'm interested to know what you all think. Please feel free to add any speculative signings!!

My guess is

Howard
Baines
Stones
Jagielka
Coleman
McCarthy
Barry
Mirallas
Barkley
McGeady
Lukaku

Bench:
Robles
Besic
Traore
Osman
Distin
Pienaar.

Doing this has made me realise how much our squad has grown in size and quality. I think Naisy Gibbo Kone and Superbry should all be in the squad as well. It's a great selection headache for Bobby to have.

Said it loads of times already but I will be shocked if Pienaar (or, although less likely, Osman) doesn't start.

I also don't think both Traore and Lukaku will be in for that game; if either.

Oh and Distin will probably start ahead of stones.
Apart from them things I agree with your line up haha

If we have signed Lukaku then your line up looks pretty good and about right. Naismith would be on the bench though.

Nice attacking line up.....makes you think that Lukaku would be mad not to sign and spearhead that attack...service coming in from Mirallas,, McGeady, Baines and Coleman.

Howard
Coleman Jagielka Distin Baines
Mirallas McCarthy Barry Naismith
Barkley
Lukaku

I personally hope Stones replaces Distin and we have a better winger in than Naismith. Will be interesting to see how Martinez uses Besic. As others have said though, we have a very good squad of players to choose from.

Ah - the annual ritual where we all pick teams that leave out Osman, then the site goes into meltdown when the manager has the nerve to select the player who appeared in every game for us last season !

But this time I have to agree : it's hard to see where Osman would fit in to our full strength starting XI.

Ah - the annual ritual where we all pick teams that leave out Osman, then the site goes into meltdown when the manager has the nerve to select the player who appeared in every game for us last season !

But this time I have to agree : it's hard to see where Osman would fit in to our full strength starting XI.
It's not a problem for him to be a 60 minute mark sub though, control the pace of a game, slow it down, eye for a pass or nick a goal.

It's not a problem for him to be a 60 minute mark sub though, control the pace of a game, slow it down, eye for a pass or nick a goal.
Spot on mate, won us afew points comin off the bench last season. Villa away he won us the game

GK: Lukaku (as a striker he knows how strikers think and therefore will have no problems taking all shots)
LB: Baines (can't really put him aside)
CD: Jags (See Baines)
CD: Stones (Youth over experience)
RB: Coleman (Even if he isn't picked, he will still be on the pitch when the match start)
LM: Osman ( I just had to get him in somehow. Not because I want to, just because RM wants to)
CM: McCarthy (RM favourite, so he will be on somewhere)
CM: Gibson (For the first 4 minutes Before he's injured and Barry comes in instead)
RM: Mirallas (Since Coleman will be on pitch, Mirallas will be the one working the side with him since they work fine together)
AM: Barkley (Can't put our golden goose on the side can we?)
S: Alcaraz (Hopefully he will be so close to the opponent goal that he will mistake it for ours and score at least 2-3 goals a game)

With the exception of a striker, we're looking in decent shape already with the squad. Hopefully that will mean we have a strong start to the season and build some momentum up.

Said it loads of times already but I will be shocked if Pienaar (or, although less likely, Osman) doesn't start.

I also don't think both Traore and Lukaku will be in for that game; if either.

Oh and Distin will probably start ahead of stones.
Apart from them things I agree with your line up haha

This is Bobby not Moyes, I wouldn't be surprised if Piennar gets sold tbh.

I don't think he rates him at all.

I also think Stones could get the nod ahead of Jags, towards the end of last year I believe he was keeping him out on form,

Howard
Coleman Jags Distin Baines
Mcgeady Barry Barkley Miralles
Barkley
Naismith (or Rom)

picks itself at this point

Status
Not open for further replies.