Fellaini

Status
Not open for further replies.
For older members....

There are times when he's on the ball that he reminds me of Martin Dobson. Although I think he'll be a better player than Dobbo :D

Improving with every game, he might in time, just become a legend here.

Agreed, he's very similar in style to Dobbo, and if he does turn out to be a better player than Dobson then he'll have gone a long way in justifying himself to some of the fans who throw price tags around without fully understanding that the market is inflated and will remain that way for a while yet.

In the first half I thought he was playing a little too deep, in a more defensive role.

In the second both he and Osman where up and down, box to box and pressing constantly. When he moved into his more natural position with more freedom he did a lot better.

He's a good player, on his day he will be unplayable. People forget that he's still got to fill out physically, he's still quite a skinny lad. He's going to be a monster in a few years.;)

Yea i noticed today how skinny he is, but i thought its just cos im a fat barsteward. :D

He's a good player, on his day he will be unplayable. People forget that he's still got to fill out physically, he's still quite a skinny lad. He's going to be a monster in a few years.;)

I said that when we signed him, give him couple of years with proper physical training and he's gonna be ridicuhuge.

In the first half I thought he was playing a little too deep, in a more defensive role.

In the second both he and Osman where up and down, box to box and pressing constantly. When he moved into his more natural position with more freedom he did a lot better.

Hes a bloody nusience as well isnt he? Vidic and Ferdinand are no slouches and neither Yak or Saha good get the better of them till fellini popped up, has anyone else noticed he always seems to get a chance in every game, hes stuck two away all ready if im not mistaken.

Other thing I wanted to say was he has a good football brain. Knows when to keep the ball, when to pass it, when to get rid of it and best of all does GOOD FOULS. Pisses people off getting taken out for no reason just because they're in the centre circle. I love that [Poor language removed].

Other thing I wanted to say was he has a good football brain. Knows when to keep the ball, when to pass it, when to get rid of it and best of all does GOOD FOULS. Pisses people off getting taken out for no reason just because they're in the centre circle. I love that [Poor language removed].

Ha ha i noticed that to, he needs to be carefull though Prem refs are notorious for sticking it to players if they have a reputation. Andy Johnson anyone!

Hes a bloody nusience as well isnt he? Vidic and Ferdinand are no slouches and neither Yak or Saha good get the better of them till fellini popped up, has anyone else noticed he always seems to get a chance in every game, hes stuck two away all ready if im not mistaken.

He does get into soon good positive, just like Cahill. He can play both roles for me, behind the striker and as a box to box midfielder which is good because it gives us options.

Fellaini game is all about being a nusience, he's just an akward player to play against because of his sheer height.

Saha and Yakubu finally looked the part, when Saha gets into full slow he's as quick as anyone we've got. His movement is good aswell. Yak played well also, that hollywood pass in the second half especially was top draw.

Impressed with everything today, even in the first half I wasn't too downhearted. I knew the players where having a go, that's all I want to see. Fair play to Moyes aswell, he did everthing right today.

Saha and Yakubu finally looked the part, when Saha gets into full slow he's as quick as anyone we've got. His movement is good aswell. Yak played well also, that hollywood pass in the second half especially was top draw.

Unbelievable skill.

I wish Marouane was quicker, he'd be the best player in the world if he was fast.

He does get into soon good positive, just like Cahill. He can play both roles for me, behind the striker and as a box to box midfielder which is good because it gives us options.

Fellaini game is all about being a nusience, he's just an akward player to play against because of his sheer height.

Impressed with everything today, even in the first half I wasn't too downhearted. I knew the players where having a go, that's all I want to see. Fair play to Moyes aswell, he did everthing right today.

I agree with a lot of that mate. I see Fellini as staying box - box, spreading the play, keeping us thicking over. The midfeild is still badly balanced in my opinon despite todays hopefull performence. I think we are a good DM and a Creative midfilder of a a really good side. Say for example we take two players, for arguements sake Mbia and Mouthino.

In terms of the future if we played a 4-5-1. I would see it like this.

Defnsively:

-----------------Mbia

Arteta-------Fellini----Mouthino-----Pienaar.

-------------------Yak

With Fellini going box to box bridgeing play and doing his bit defesively and attacking.

In poession or attack the formation would change to

--------------Mbia---------

--------------Fellini-------

Arteta-------Mouthnio- ---Pienarr

---------------Yak

In a 4-4-2 you could use any other combiation of

Fellini/Mouthino -
Mouthino/Mbia -
Mbia/Felinni-

With Ossie and Cahill also in the sqaud.

The mouth waters no? Throw in a couple of wingers and Roberts your fathers brother! Its all abput Options and sqaud depth.

I wasnt impressed with Saha today if im honest, im not saying hes not a good player, but he hasnt done enough for me so far.

Last edited:
I agree with a lot of that mate. I see Fellini as staying box - box spreading the play, keeping us thicking over. The midfeild is still badly balanced in my opion despite todays hopefull performence. I think we are a good DM and a Creative midfilder of a a really good side.

If summer had gone well for us, we woulda been amazing already. Could do with 40 mil in Jan.

I agree with a lot of that mate. I see Fellini as staying box - box spreading the play, keeping us thicking over. The midfeild is still badly balanced in my opion despite todays hopefull performence. I think we are a good DM and a Creative midfilder of a a really good side. Say for example we take two players for arguements sake Mbia and Mouthino

In terms of the future if we played a 4-5-1. I would see it like this.

Defnsively:

-----------------Mbia

Arteta-------Fellini----Mouthino-----Pienaar.

-------------------Yak

With Fellini going box to box bridgeing play and doing his bit defesively and attacking.

In poessionor attack the formation would change to

--------------Mbia---------

--------------Fellini-------

Arteta-------Mouthnio- ---Fellini

---------------Yak

In a 4-4-2 you could use any other combiation of Fellini/Mouthino - Mouthino/Mbia - Mbia Flellini.

The outh water no? Throw in a couple of wingers and Roberts your fathers brother!

I'm hoping we could go 4-3-3 once we get the pacy wingers we need. That's the way to go in my opinion.

--------Fellaini--------DM--------Pienaar--------

Obinna-----------------------------------Arteta

---------------------Yakubu-------------------

Pienaar and Arteta interchanging between left wing and centre midfield. I think Pienaar would be a great central midfielder, his engine is superb and he's got that creative edge to his game. The lad just doesn't stop running, I'd rather move him there, move Arteta to the left and bring in that pacy winger where lacking.

Moutinho isn't needed, we already have similar players to him here who could play that role. Areta, Osman and Pienaar especially can all give us something similar.

I'd rather just look at a pacy winger and a defensive midfielder.

I'm hoping we could go 4-3-3 once we get the pacy wingers we need. That's the way to go in my opinion.

--------Fellaini--------DM--------Pienaar--------

Obinna-----------------------------------Arteta

---------------------Yakubu-------------------

Pienaar and Arteta interchanging between left wing and centre midfield. I think Pienaar would be a great central midfielder, his engine is superb and he's got that creative edge to his game. The lad just doesn't stop running, I'd rather move him there, move Arteta to the left and bring in that pacy winger where lacking.

Moutinho isn't needed, we already have similar players to him here who could play that role. Areta, Osman and Pienaar especially can all give us something similar.

I'd rather just look at a pacy winger and a defensive midfielder.

Not bad mate, wouldnt be against it but like mine better:p!

I agree about Pienaar, it would be intresting to see the outlet creatively that he and Arteta would give us if they played that close toghther, get Baines onto that flank and your looking at some threat from that side. You know my feelings about Ossie, Cahill i can see more and more being out of the side with injury or fatiuqe as he get on.

In your formation the central midfild line is very deep a little to deep for me mate.

Fellani is growing on me. Yes 15M was too much but Mutinho wasn't worth 15M either (if he was American he'd be worth 5M). I only wish we had him in training this summer so we didn't have to waste the entire 1st quarter of the season trying to find a position for him.

Not bad mate, wouldnt be against it but like mine better:p!

I agree about Pienaar, it would be intresting to see the outlet creatively that he and Arteta would give us if they played that close toghther, get Baines onto that flank and your looking at some threat from that side. You know my feelings about Ossie, Cahill i can see more and more being out of the side with injury or fatiuqe as he get on.
In your formation the central midfild line is very deep a little to deep for me mate.

That's just a rough copy. Obviously Fellaini and Pienaar would play higher up the pitch whereas the defensive midfielders sits and holds:

----------DM----------

Fellaini----------Pienaar

Something like that, two box to box midfielders and a holding player. I've never seen a player run as much as Pienaar, his engine is superb. He's like Dirk Kuyt with quality.

Yes Fletcher was Fellaini's man but I'd give more credit to Fletcher and Giggs for creating that goal than blaming Fellaini for it.

Fletcher was off like a shot the minute he made the pass.

Even if Fellaini had taken off immediately with him there's no guarantee he would have been able to intercept the return pass or stick with Fletcher.

Because a goal is scored doesn't not automatically make it someone's fault on the defensive side of the ball. I wish people would understand that.

That said, I'm with Neiler. In a year or two, 15M is gonna look like an absolute steal.

Status
Not open for further replies.