Fellaini or Fernendes.....?

Who would you rather in the Everton midfield...

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Sharpys top lip

Player Valuation: £60m
Right, both these boy's are young an talented. Both are very raw an will take time to become a top player. They both cost around the same. Both have plaudits an critics, both are midfielders. Suposedly box-to-box.

Thing is, one is boss the other [Poor language removed].

You decide.....??

Fernandes...experience in the Premier League...has shown glimpses of what he can do. Fellaini was a panic buy. If the red [Poor language removed] didnt play against Leige he wouldnt be here today. Everyone needs to see it.

Surely the question to ask should be : Which do you prefer, some shithouse who decided to join another club, when it didnt work out at his new club he came back to England for another holiday or a young gifted player who gave up an easy life to join the best league in the world and test himself.

Mou, mou, mou, mou, mou theres no LIMIT!!!

Fernandes by quite a distance to be honest.

Looking at it Moyes has bought Fellaini for the attacking midfield role, he's said this week that he's more of a Cahill than Carsley.

Fernandes is just the better and more natural creative midfielder. It's his natural game, I'm not sure Fellaini is that type of player. His touch and technique is decent but he's not creative, I'm a big fan of my attacking midfielder having creativity. Like Gerrard at Liverpool, Scholes at Man utd and Fabregas at Arsenal. It's a must, there job is too feed the strikers and make things happen.

If Fellaini had been bought to be our ball winner I'd have said Fellaini but that's clearly not the case, he gets bypassed defensively just like Fernandes. Just like Fernandes he has a tendency to [Poor language removed] out of tackles and naturally he doesn't look a ball winner.

Fellaini will be a good player for us, I have no doubts about that but for the role Moyes is playing him I'd rather have Fernandes. I'd rather have Osman in the attacking role than Fellaini.

I worte this in antoher thread but is relevnt here!

I think Fellini is our boy here mate i really do, hes not the player he is going to be yet but the signs praticularly against Newcastle were good and at 20 now hel go far. His use of space and showing for the ball was significantly better against Newcastle and hes a big lump of a nuisence, what i liked is that when he was on the ball he found his man very well simply. Thats the name of the game, i think he has more in his locker as he showed some cutting balls and vision, and speed of thought in the derby but think Moyes told him to keep it simpe for the Newcastle game. He needs more coaching and adjustment and some work on his overall fittness but for Raw potential i think we have a good one here.

Im a confirmed Manny fan, but not all misty eyed he could do somethings that would infureate you or make ridiculous attemps to pass, that said quality wins you games. The balance isnt right. But Fellini for me is an excellent addition for the future i rate him highly on the raw talent and potential there to be developed, ok its not wholly visable but if your into spotting potential its there in abundance. Roy Keane became a legend playing exactly the same way as Fellini does, now im not saying that hes of the standard Keane was in his pomp but i followed Keanes progress since he was 17 and there ability and potential are about level when Keane was 20 as Fellini's is now, i know alot will say that Fellini isnt a DM midfileder but neither was Keane when you study his game he just understood the game so well and set the of tone of Utds game and kept them ticking he was more box to box as i beleive Fellini will be for us.

I certainly think that Fellini has more of the innate qualites to be a consistent success and prove durable in PL rather then Fernandes. To use an analogy Fernandes is like playing golf you can play [Poor language removed] for a whole round and pull of one decent shot or move that will hook you into wanting more. I am a Manny fan though, can we not have both.

The big issue though is the balnce we need to find in midfiled i dont think with either Manny or Fellini in the starting 11 the balance is as it should be or what we have come to expect with Lee Carsley in the squad.

Im going to go plumb for Fellini!

Last edited:
Great post Neiler. I would also like to have both available if possible. But if it came down to a vote then it has to be Fellaini and my reason for that is quite simple, Manny f***** us over.

fellaini last year was voted in the top 50 most talented teenagers in the world in world soccer magazine. Give him time, he needs to adjust, he's had no pre season with everton to gel and since he was bought for 15mil everyone is pinning everything they have on the poor lad. I say watch how dramatically he'll improve in half a season

Has to be Fernandes for me. I quite rate Fellaini, but think Fernandes is the better player. He really has the playmaking skills that we so sorely miss at the moment. Would love to have them both, though.

Fellaini. he's younger has more potential in my opinion and wants to be here.

His size alone is one of his biggest attributes and one that we desperately needed. When he grows in confidence I'm sure he'll be a very commanding center midfielder.

Fernandes - he is exactrly what we needed. Good skillful center mid, who gives Arteta competition with his skills. He linked up with arteta and pienaar. Played them amazing passes which Yakubu and Saha could really do with right now, and his set pieces were 50 times better than Artetas. And he wouldve cost £6 million too...

...However Fellaini looked good against Newcaslte, so lets just see if he carrys on improving.

Fernandes - he is exactrly what we needed. Good skillful center mid, who gives Arteta competition with his skills. He linked up with arteta and pienaar. Played them amazing passes which Yakubu and Saha could really do with right now, and his set pieces were 50 times better than Artetas. And he wouldve cost £6 million too...

...However Fellaini looked good against Newcaslte, so lets just see if he carrys on improving.

says who? for being in such deep [Poor language removed] financially and the reports of all there best players leaving for peanuts because they had no money... tell me just which players actually left Valencia this season?

They couldn't have needed the money that badly because they still have all there star players so the rumour about Fernandes being available for £6 million is probably just that... a rumour.

Fellaini. Both talent and attitude wise. Once the lad settles - hopefully Evertonians give him that time, and he speaks the language... he will be an absolute quality player.

Status
Not open for further replies.