Fellaini CM

Status
Not open for further replies.
Against Stoke I believe there is the off chance Moyes will go with

Howard

Coleman Jagielka Distin Baines

Osman Fellaini Gibson Pienaar

Vellios Jelavic

A bit more physicality in the centre and maybe more space for Fellaini, just a different tactic in a game that's notoriously tight.

Against Stoke I believe there is the off chance Moyes will go with

Howard

Coleman Jagielka Distin Baines

Osman Fellaini Gibson Pienaar

Vellios Jelavic

A bit more physicality in the centre and maybe more space for Fellaini, just a different tactic in a game that's notoriously tight.

I doubt it. It would be interesting to see, though.

I suspect Fellaini will have to drop back at some point just because Huth and Shawcross won't give him much joy in the air.

Since they have a big defence I think the way past them is in speed.. I would play Oviedo and Coleman as the right side, Baines and Peinaar on the left and try to batter them with pace.
Or give it to Gibson to hit from distance and ignore their defence altogether.

Since they have a big defence I think the way past them is in speed.. I would play Oviedo and Coleman as the right side, Baines and Peinaar on the left and try to batter them with pace.
Or give it to Gibson to hit from distance and ignore their defence altogether.

Agree about pace being the key but not convinced asking Oviedo to play right wing will help. The guy's a left back starting in a new league, it's a bit much of an ask putting him on the opposite side.

If we're playing him, it should be at LW with Pienaar on the right.

Funny that. He was poor today and became frustrated far too often, which eventually led to him doing something which could have had him sent off.

If only Moyes had read this thread (and the countless others) he might have realised that Fellaini is a F***ING DEFENSIVE MID. There are blatantly games when he shouldn't be behind Jelavic and a lot of people on here predicted it days ago. Ridiculous.

Status
Not open for further replies.