New Everton Stadium Discussion

Thought I'd sign up too share my thought's, being an outsider and all....

As someone who has followed City around the country for years. From the Emirates & Allianz to the likes of Kiev and Fratton Park, I've seen all kinds of different stadiums and Goodison Park, truly is one of the only stadiums where you still get the nostalgic reminder of 'real football'. As some of you probably would have been to Maine Road, you might have seen the similarities between the two; local communities at the heart of a working class club, who's unwavering fanbases remained loyal despite the domination of our cross-town rivals.

I honestly feel that the day we left Maine Road a massive part of our club died.

The big question, however, is do I resent the move to the new stadium? - NO!

The City of Manchester Stadium was the breath of fresh air our club needed. The new facilities encouraged players, sponsors and most importantly, investment. Now we are winning trophies year after year, playing the biggest teams in Europe and building the infrastructure to remain there for the foreseeable future. If I was an Everton fan at the moment, although the thought of leaving would be upsetting, the footballing world has changed. If you're ever going to turn into Title contenders I don't think it will be at Goodison and I definitely think it would have to be under a new Chairman.

Best case scenario for Everton would be a 60,000+ stadium. Some of you are saying you don't sell out many games at the moment, but if you are competing at the top you will have the space to let more fans see you play! Some football fans have been criticising City's plans to expand to over 60,000 - saying we can't fill it. Well in the past two season's we've sold out all but 2 league games and for some games certainly (IMO) could have filled a 70,000 seater. It's all about Ambition and if you stay at an old stadium with a modest amount of seats - although it is a great stadium in terms of it's history - why would the best players go to an unambitious team?

All the best for your club and if it's not at the expense of our title hopes I hope you do well in the coming years!

I think that there are some insightful comments here.......

Club is losing money (about £5m a year). We have interest to pay on the debt.

If we were to pay the entire debt off (£50-30m depending on what you read) we'd be sorted... for a year. Then we lose £5m and have to borrow again (or sell a player). That means we're in debt again and have blown everything we have for nothing. The money we spent (again, £50-30m depending on what you read) could have been spent improving the squad, getting us into the CL and thus increasing revenue to such an extent that we'll be profiting, not losing money.
But a lot of that wouldn't be a problem because there wouldn't be any payments to make on the debt.

Thought I'd sign up too share my thought's, being an outsider and all....

As someone who has followed City around the country for years. From the Emirates & Allianz to the likes of Kiev and Fratton Park, I've seen all kinds of different stadiums and Goodison Park, truly is one of the only stadiums where you still get the nostalgic reminder of 'real football'. As some of you probably would have been to Maine Road, you might have seen the similarities between the two; local communities at the heart of a working class club, who's unwavering fanbases remained loyal despite the domination of our cross-town rivals.

I honestly feel that the day we left Maine Road a massive part of our club died.

The big question, however, is do I resent the move to the new stadium? - NO!

The City of Manchester Stadium was the breath of fresh air our club needed. The new facilities encouraged players, sponsors and most importantly, investment. Now we are winning trophies year after year, playing the biggest teams in Europe and building the infrastructure to remain there for the foreseeable future. If I was an Everton fan at the moment, although the thought of leaving would be upsetting, the footballing world has changed. If you're ever going to turn into Title contenders I don't think it will be at Goodison and I definitely think it would have to be under a new Chairman.

Best case scenario for Everton would be a 60,000+ stadium. Some of you are saying you don't sell out many games at the moment, but if you are competing at the top you will have the space to let more fans see you play! Some football fans have been criticising City's plans to expand to over 60,000 - saying we can't fill it. Well in the past two season's we've sold out all but 2 league games and for some games certainly (IMO) could have filled a 70,000 seater. It's all about Ambition and if you stay at an old stadium with a modest amount of seats - although it is a great stadium in terms of it's history - why would the best players go to an unambitious team?

All the best for your club and if it's not at the expense of our title hopes I hope you do well in the coming years!
Here a question for you. If you hadn't been brought by Arabs would you be in the CL?

This is why we need to leave and why we don't sell out every game

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    509.5 KB · Views: 214
Club is losing money (about £5m a year). We have interest to pay on the debt.

If we were to pay the entire debt off (£50-30m depending on what you read) we'd be sorted... for a year. Then we lose £5m and have to borrow again (or sell a player). That means we're in debt again and have blown everything we have for nothing. The money we spent (again, £50-30m depending on what you read) could have been spent improving the squad, getting us into the CL and thus increasing revenue to such an extent that we'll be profiting, not losing money.
The club isn't losing money.

The last set of accounts showed a £700k operational profit and that's before the incremental £25m+ TV revenue increase.

Here a question for you. If you hadn't been brought by Arabs would you be in the CL?
No! haha, I'm taking it that wasn't a serious question! :p

We might have got in by a fluke one season as we had a pretty good side under the Sinawatra era and finished in the Europa league... But that bloke would have ran us into the ground. He was borrowing money through the club without any intention or means of paying it back. The Sheik spends a lot of money, but it's not borrowed so there is no real implications on the club in terms of administration if he off. I reckon if it wasn't for the Sheik we'd either be in the same position Everton are in bordering qualification... or in the Championship!

Last edited by a moderator:
LCC just made a statement to the effect there'd be no funding or involvement of any new Everton stadium as far as they are concerned, just the usual general commitment to search for locations for the club with a vague assertion to pursue a regeneration project that can be piggybacked on the back of.

Oh dear, looks like someone's been feeding a few porkies to client hacks to spin a 'development' line for the carpet baggers.

What a shameful bunch. 15 years of this. Has there ever been worse 'custodians' than this load of Shylocks?

How do we fill a 50,000 seater when Goodison is usually a couple of thousand short of 40,000?
A couple of thousand short with heavily restricted views is not bad at all. Make Goodison a completely restricted view free stadium and its filled.

Unless it's the derby, or a huge game, would you buy a ticket behind a post where you can see [Poor language removed] all or very little?

I certainly wouldn't.