New Everton Stadium Discussion

Are we in a situation where the club by getting a site, a project outlined, reasonable costs and support with a transport infrastructure could create a sale to a new owner???

A new owner who see's a project costing £200m that is subsidised returns an added £10-12m per year could be a valuable carrot...

I don't know - just wishing here....
I think we already are a decent prospect for a takeover. We're just hugely overvalued by our current owners.

We have our 1st anti-stadium protestor on Twitter, goes by the name @juicyjugs

AsNAObTr.jpeg

Lisa Harrison ‏@juicyjugs 13h
@joeforliverpool Everton looking to move to Walton hall park? This true? Over my dead body! I will fight against this all the way!

getting Royally ripped on there

Deary me, she's a bit of a wrong'un isn't she.

I listened to Alan Brazil this morning on Talksport and he said that he has it on "good authority" that the deal is almost done, with investors for a new stadium from the far east. I just hope his "good Authority" is not Porky Parry or the Moose! :D

It'd be hard to find 2 people more deserving of a severe beating than those 2, Adrian Durham possibly.

I say this with all honesty here, not trying to dampen anyones expectations here but a couple things i picked up on.

1) Saying there is a propsective new stadium being sorted out. Is that not the same as saying 'we are talking to 2 or 3 prospective buyers for the club?' No Details released so if nothing came of it we couldn't call them on it#

2) Martinez saying about dont need to sell, will replace with 2-4 players any that leave. That is great, but as a long time evertonian that could be interpreted as we are selling someone and replacing him with 2-4 players with the money.

That is just my quick thoughts on the AGM.

I can't understand why everyone is knocking the board for paying down the debt. What is the point of paying the price of 1 decent player every year in interest payments, it's dead money. For a club in our position i.e. no rich owner or not leveraged to death on the stock market (Man utd/Liverpool) this is complete common sense, as long as rm has the players he wants and the club is playing well. And we are.

Thought I'd sign up too share my thought's, being an outsider and all....

As someone who has followed City around the country for years. From the Emirates & Allianz to the likes of Kiev and Fratton Park, I've seen all kinds of different stadiums and Goodison Park, truly is one of the only stadiums where you still get the nostalgic reminder of 'real football'. As some of you probably would have been to Maine Road, you might have seen the similarities between the two; local communities at the heart of a working class club, who's unwavering fanbases remained loyal despite the domination of our cross-town rivals.

I honestly feel that the day we left Maine Road a massive part of our club died.

The big question, however, is do I resent the move to the new stadium? - NO!

The City of Manchester Stadium was the breath of fresh air our club needed. The new facilities encouraged players, sponsors and most importantly, investment. Now we are winning trophies year after year, playing the biggest teams in Europe and building the infrastructure to remain there for the foreseeable future. If I was an Everton fan at the moment, although the thought of leaving would be upsetting, the footballing world has changed. If you're ever going to turn into Title contenders I don't think it will be at Goodison and I definitely think it would have to be under a new Chairman.

Best case scenario for Everton would be a 60,000+ stadium. Some of you are saying you don't sell out many games at the moment, but if you are competing at the top you will have the space to let more fans see you play! Some football fans have been criticising City's plans to expand to over 60,000 - saying we can't fill it. Well in the past two season's we've sold out all but 2 league games and for some games certainly (IMO) could have filled a 70,000 seater. It's all about Ambition and if you stay at an old stadium with a modest amount of seats - although it is a great stadium in terms of it's history - why would the best players go to an unambitious team?

All the best for your club and if it's not at the expense of our title hopes I hope you do well in the coming years!

I can't understand why everyone is knocking the board for paying down the debt. What is the point of paying the price of 1 decent player every year in interest payments, it's dead money. For a club in our position i.e. no rich owner or not leveraged to death on the stock market (Man utd/Liverpool) this is complete common sense, as long as rm has the players he wants and the club is playing well. And we are.

More investment is needed in the squad though mate. That's without question

We've faded away this season, and that's due to squad depth more than anything else

Club is losing money (about £5m a year). We have interest to pay on the debt.

If we were to pay the entire debt off (£50-30m depending on what you read) we'd be sorted... for a year. Then we lose £5m and have to borrow again (or sell a player). That means we're in debt again and have blown everything we have for nothing. The money we spent (again, £50-30m depending on what you read) could have been spent improving the squad, getting us into the CL and thus increasing revenue to such an extent that we'll be profiting, not losing money.