New Everton Stadium Discussion

I listened to Alan Brazil this morning on Talksport and he said that he has it on "good authority" that the deal is almost done, with investors for a new stadium from the far east. I just hope his "good Authority" is not Porky Parry or the Moose! :D

When I read "Everton to follow Manchester City model in hunt for new stadium" I thought it meant as in the design of it, a bowl stadium. I nearly died a little inside.

Whatever we do I hope it's a box stadium, as close as a replica to Goodison as possible.
Manchester City rent their stadium from the Council. The Council are already 'landlotds' of Finch Farm aren't they? Possible conclusion; The Council may be landlords of our new stadium.

Although the thought of a new stadium a stone's throw from Goodison is great, I'm already worried about what's going to happen to the proceeds from the sale of Goodison. It's basically our last non-playing asset.

I hope we're not going to tip that away to get a stadium built that we'll have to pay rent on.

So, unless I'm reading all of this wrong, what basically has happened is that we've reinvested any money gained to lowering debt instead of investing in playing staff, and ol' Suntan has said some cobblers about a hypothetical stadium that in all likelihood will never exist?

Is there any concrete info on available transfer spend or stadium contracts etc.?

Which means the extra tv revenue has gone on paying that 30m debt instead, completely using up all extra revenue.

Now factor in all the costs for both the finch farm development and the money they've stated had already been spent on new stadia matters, theirs only one source for that to come out of, so that's by by war-chest mate.

effectively we have sold players to make the club more attractive to a new owner and to increase the value of it for the shareholders, whilst at the same time we aren't actually looking for a new owner, only an investor

We will not add any big signing on a perm this summer unless we sell a big name.
The majority of the extra TV revenue hasn't landed yet, so that sort of blows your 'facts' to bits there.

So, unless I'm reading all of this wrong, what basically has happened is that we've reinvested any money gained to lowering debt instead of investing in playing staff, and ol' Suntan has said some cobblers about a hypothetical stadium that in all likelihood will never exist?

Is there any concrete info on available transfer spend or stadium contracts etc.?
I think that was about making our financial position look better than it is. I don't think that surplus cash is going to be used to pay off the debt. Frankly, that would be madness. It's going to be the summer transfer kitty.

As for the stadium proposal, Manchester City had the benefit of the Commonwealth Games stadium which needed a new owner. There's no way on God's Earth that LCC could just build us a new £200m stadium and then rent it to us, without there being another reason for it's existence that was about generating revenue for the City itself.

Sounds like another pie in the sky project to me. Unless the idea is to get it beyond planning and then expect to sell up to someone with the wherewithal to actually fund the thing. How much are Spurs going to manage to fund to build the new WHL btw?

Same [Poor language removed] different year. Sell up and [Poor language removed] Bill ffs.

As for the stadium proposal, Manchester City had the benefit of the Commonwealth Games stadium which needed a new owner. There's no way on God's Earth that LCC could just build us a new £200m stadium and then rent it to us, without there being another reason for it's existence that was about generating revenue for the City itself.

Sounds like another pie in the sky project to me. Unless the idea is to get it beyond planning and then expect to sell up to someone with the wherewithal to actually fund the thing. How much are Spurs going to manage to fund to build the new WHL btw?

Same [Poor language removed] different year. Sell up and [Poor language removed] Bill ffs.

I believe it mate. I mean, LCC recently made £156M in budget cuts and 300 job losses...of course they're going to now stump up tens of millions of pounds to hand over to a football club.

We have our 1st anti-stadium protestor on Twitter, goes by the name @juicyjugs

AsNAObTr.jpeg

Lisa Harrison ‏@juicyjugs 13h
@joeforliverpool Everton looking to move to Walton hall park? This true? Over my dead body! I will fight against this all the way!

getting Royally ripped on there

Are we in a situation where the club by getting a site, a project outlined, reasonable costs and support with a transport infrastructure could create a sale to a new owner???

A new owner who see's a project costing £200m that is subsidised returns an added £10-12m per year could be a valuable carrot...

I don't know - just wishing here....