New Everton Stadium Discussion

Is it just me or did the old one look better?

What about this... The Arl Bernabeu

tumblr_msgv56ILew1qlvmbqo1_1280.jpg

Satellite

bernabeu-001.jpg

Again, new 1 built over old
bernabeudojazdowka.jpg

We have a nice new one down here. Ground share too...but we do that here without any fuss. Seats 30k, but can be expanded to 50k if necessary. If you want, I can send the plans....

AAMI%20Park%20-%2001.jpg

141866-aami-park.jpg

Most new stadiums are horrible. The one thing above all a club should want is a ground with an identity. If you were blindfolded and taken to the middle of the pitch at the Emirates (all the Arsenal signs moved) and stood in the centre circle and looked around, you wouldn't know what ground you were at.

"state of the art", "comfortable", "great views" blah blah....soulless. Highbury had an identity..it was Arsenal. The new one could be anybodies.

Goodison for all it's faults has an identity. You know where you are when you are at Goodison. Bowls can f--k off. If there is to be a new stadium I'd want it to be influenced very little from other new grounds.

Identity isn't just instantly achieved. Highbury became Arsenal because they played there for a century. Same with Goodison Park for us. In time the Emirates will become intertwined with Arsenal's identity. No ground by design really identifies as being that of one club, it's the history and memories which are attached to it that do that.

...amazing when you look at the Pathe news clip of Dixie and see the famous criss-cross on the Bullens Rd stand. They've witnessed some history those old stands but I suppose times change.

So Liverpool have just announced their expansion plans - http://www.liverpoolfc.com/news/latest-news/161747-lfc-reveal-stadium-expansion-vision

I can't wait for the new Main stand at Goodison to blow this out of the water. #COYB #watchthisspace

Like our proposed stadiums, theirs is just on paper, I will be surprised if this gets off the ground, it will involve removing streets of terraced houses that people won't give up no matter how much money they are offered. People have talked about Compulsery Purchase Orders before, but both clubs have been reluctant to go down that route because they are seen to be making people "homeless". Perhaps these Yanks will be more ruthless, but if they do build a new stadium, they will be the first foreign owners in premierleague history to build a new stadium

Like our proposed stadiums, theirs is just on paper, I will be surprised if this gets off the ground, it will involve removing streets of terraced houses that people won't give up no matter how much money they are offered. People have talked about Compulsery Purchase Orders before, but both clubs have been reluctant to go down that route because they are seen to be making people "homeless". Perhaps these Yanks will be more ruthless, but if they do build a new stadium, they will be the first foreign owners in premierleague history to build a new stadium

Just looking at those designs mate I think the RS own most of the land any way on that side they want to build. There's certainly a huge section of houses about 10 streets long empty on the Kop side as( main stand ) they bought them years ago and left them to rot.