New Everton Stadium Discussion

It will have to be phased and done over the closed season, as City's probavly will.

Night shift would be difficult to get approved because of the proximity to local residents

Well it's happening cos I work for firm that's doing it and that's how there gonna go about it, a lot of the work done on night shift.

Don't ask me how there gonna go about it but that's just what we've been told.

No, I clearly say we don't need to expand the footprint to increase capacity. You seemed to be agreeing with me by saying "no need to expand the footprint for that" but now you're saying you were wrong?

Sorry, misread your post, thought it said NO NEED.

No, we can increase capacity to over 50,000and more within the existing footprint. Google Tom Hughes

Rebuilding on that site would end up with totally new stadium shoe horned into a site that is massively compromised by its tiny foot print. It wouldn't be Goodison anyway with a totally new build sat there, so seriously what's the [Poor language removed] point?

Well it's happening cos I work for firm that's doing it and that's how there gonna go about it, a lot of the work done on night shift.

Don't ask me how there gonna go about it but that's just what we've been told.
You're working night shift on an expansion of GP?

Rebuilding on that site would end up with totally new stadium shoe horned into a site that is massively compromised by its tiny foot print. It wouldn't be Goodison anyway with a totally new build sat there, so seriously what's the [Poor language removed] point?
Isn't it already significantly different than the Goodison Park of 150 years agi?

And the point is, we can't afford a new stadium, we didn't have £30 mn for Kings Dock and the Desperation Kirkby carpet bagging scam was exposed in the enquiry.

Most new stadiums are horrible. The one thing above all a club should want is a ground with an identity. If you were blindfolded and taken to the middle of the pitch at the Emirates (all the Arsenal signs moved) and stood in the centre circle and looked around, you wouldn't know what ground you were at.

"state of the art", "comfortable", "great views" blah blah....soulless. Highbury had an identity..it was Arsenal. The new one could be anybodies.

Goodison for all it's faults has an identity. You know where you are when you are at Goodison. Bowls can f--k off. If there is to be a new stadium I'd want it to be influenced very little from other new grounds.

FC Koln Stadium.

2931_RheinEnergieStadion.jpg

colognestadium_large.jpg

Now without those towers and add a bit of cladding it looks very familiar to me ?
Is that a tesco next door ?