New Everton Stadium Discussion

Can't edit properly on this 'phone.

Expansion within the existing footprint is possible, no need to expand outwards

Stadium redevelopment isn't just about rebuilding stands or rotating the pitch.

It's about developing the exterior surrounding areas of the stadium, adding attractive amenities and facilities, improving transport links and car parking facilities, amongst many other things. That's why new stadiums are built, as opposed to

Anyone who has been to the Eitihad, or to the Emirates, or even looking at the plans that Tottenham currently have in 'redeveloping White Hart Lane' knows that. Tottenham in particular have been very active in buying up derelict land surrounding the ground. Liverpool are following the Tottenham blueprint too, in making their footprint bigger.

The Goodison footprint is not big enough to build a stadium that is suitable for the size of club that we are and aspire to be. And I say that as someone who would love to stay at Goodison. To do so, we would need to buy up streets surrounding the ground as well as have the school moved.

Just build an exact replica of this, 90m quid 50k+ capacity

porto_dragao4.jpg
More likely we
This please. One of my favourite stadiums out there. I would have concerns about the atmosphere because of the one tier stands behind the goals, but having been there I can say there is no reason to worry. Just ask Porto for a copy of the blueprint, and use the architect money we'll save to get Mangala while we're there.
More likely we'll save architects fees by re-using the Kirkby Cowshed blueprints

^Depends what you want, more seats to make more money or convenient parking?

The point is, both. Goodison remaining landlocked but with 12000 more seats shoehorned into it would just be silly, and impractical.

Any new stadium needs the things I mentioned, and any redeveloped Goodison would require substantial increase of the existing footprint.

The point is, both. Goodison remaining landlocked but with 12000 more seats shoehorned into it would just be silly, and impractical.

Any new stadium needs the things I mentioned, and any redeveloped Goodison would require substantial increase of the existing footprint.

No need for shoehorning any seats in, just expand to allow plenty of space for additional seating and corporate boxes, just google Tom Hughes

You posted on the previous page:

That was what I was disagreeing with. We need to increase the footprint, we need to expand outwards. No big deal if you've changed your mind, but that's what I was referring to, your original post.

No, I clearly say we don't need to expand the footprint to increase capacity. You seemed to be agreeing with me by saying "no need to expand the footprint for that" but now you're saying you were wrong?

Sorry, misread your post, thought it said NO NEED.

No, we can increase capacity to over 50,000and more within the existing footprint. Google Tom Hughes