New Everton Stadium Discussion

Interesting that almost 65% are ok with selling the naming rights. Personally I think it would be ok, as it is one of the few ways we can actually get money to fund a stadium, but I was still (pleasantly) surprised that the number was that high.

Interesting that almost 65% are ok with selling the naming rights. Personally I think it would be ok, as it is one of the few ways we can actually get money to fund a stadium, but I was still (pleasantly) surprised that the number was that high.

Agreed. Naming rights would be one of, if not the most realistic way to get a new stadium financed. Also good to see that atmosphere and affordability was top priorities among fans.

I think it is interesting that The Echo are making the assumption that only Everton fans took the survey, there was no question in the survey that asked if you were an Everton fan, Liverpool fan or not a football fan at all, so how can they assume that it was only Everton fans taking the survey?

With the naming rights I have two hopes;

• One that we get a decent amount of money for it, Arsenal's original deal with Emirates was £100m back in 2004, based on football inflation we should be looking for double that, which would pay for a big chunk of the stadium. My concern is that it would be an existing partner like Chang or Kitbag and we would get screwed on the price.
  • The second is that it is a high quality brand, and does'nt make us a laughing stock. I remember the Leicester stadium being named "The Walkers Bowl", York City briefly played at "Kitkat Crescent" and Newcastle almost played at the "Wonga Arena". None of these type of brands would be acceptable to me. I think a major, blue chip company is what is required.

I think it is interesting that The Echo are making the assumption that only Everton fans took the survey, there was no question in the survey that asked if you were an Everton fan, Liverpool fan or not a football fan at all, so how can they assume that it was only Everton fans taking the survey?

• One that we get a decent amount of money for it, Arsenal's original deal with Emirates was £100m back in 2004, based on football inflation we should be looking for double that, which would pay for a big chunk of the stadium. My concern is that it would be an existing partner like Chang or Kitbag and we would get screwed on the price.
  • The second is that it is a high quality brand, and does'nt make us a laughing stock. I remember the Leicester stadium being named "The Walkers Bowl", York City briefly played at "Kitkat Crescent" and Newcastle almost played at the "Wonga Arena". None of these type of brands would be acceptable to me. I think a major, blue chip company is what is required.

1) We're just not that attractive unfortunately. We'll never get close to what Arsenal got.

2) Gonna be tough to attract the sort of company you are looking for. Usually they have some sort of local alliance, no? What major companies in Liverpool/NW England would be interested in such a venture?

1) We're just not that attractive unfortunately. We'll never get close to what Arsenal got.

2) Gonna be tough to attract the sort of company you are looking for. Usually they have some sort of local alliance, no? What major companies in Liverpool/NW England would be interested in such a venture?

I know what you mean, it is most likely to be "The Chang" stadium and we will probably get about £50m over 25 years.

I am just hoping that we get a company like "Jaguar", "Land Rover", based in Speke, could be possible options. Or the brand once owned by the Moores family, "Littlewoods", now owned by ShopDirect, could be a good brand, which has historical links to the club and the area.

I know what you mean, it is most likely to be "The Chang" stadium and we will probably get about £50m over 25 years.

I am just hoping that we get a company like "Jaguar", "Land Rover", based in Speke, could be possible options. Or the brand once owned by the Moores family, "Littlewoods", now owned by ShopDirect, could be a good brand, which has historical links to the club and the area.

Wish these companies would stop having such appaling names. The Littlewoods Stadium is just about acceptable, but you just know we'd get the ShopDirect Arena.

Wish these companies would stop having such appaling names. The Littlewoods Stadium is just about acceptable, but you just know we'd get the ShopDirect Arena.

I suppose that is possible, but I dont think they use "ShopDirect" as a brand, its more like a parent company for Littlewoods, Isme, Very, etc

It would be more likely the Tata arena than one of those unfortunately...

Absolutely no chance.