New Everton Stadium Discussion

Remember bill interview saying there was one particular stadium plot they were in discussion about that he would love to get and so would the fans!

I took that as the Stanley park plot. Would love that plot myself!!

Is it only me, but why do I always feel sad when a possible ground move is opted? Don't get me wrong, I fully realise the importance of new ground with regards to increasing future revenues, but the hopeless romantic in me for old grounds always has the upperhand.

Will cry the day when we ultimately leave Goodison Park. Things will never get better than the Grand Old Lady of English Football.
Don't feel sad I'm sure a new team will form there and in 30 years time will have won more than us they will be called FCLiverpool and Gerrard Stevens will be there captain.

Walton Hall probably lads. Personally though I'd like us to at least evaluate all the possibilities of upgrading Goodison, KEIOC came out with some interesting plans and stuff back when Kirkby was being touted.

It's being built on Walton hall Park,
It will be called the Tescos Arena, with Every Little Helps Stand, Bag for Life Stand, Tescos Value Stand and The Kenwright End.

You heard it here first

I'll be gutted if it goes on walton hall park, where are the council going to put 'Blackpool comes to Liverpool'??

The state if the council finances will virtually ensure that any possible build will go on council owned land

which locations would be best in your opinion lads?

The Mystery (Wavertree Playground). The land was given to the people of Liverpool for sports, seems a fitting tribute. Plenty of pubs on Wavertree high Street and Allerton/Smithdown Road. We could reopen the dissused railway station at Greenbank, which is an active line anyway. It would be about 8 minutes on the train from Lime Street. Five minutes from the rocket by car, and is easily accessible to the airport. Plus its a nicer part of Liverpool, but still has surrounding terraced houses.

Last edited:
I watched a grand designs where they called a German company and they had a house carried over and set up in about 3 days. Damn productive those Germans.

We should do the same thing but give them a week eh lads its a stadium after all.

If Croke Park in Dublin, in the city centre surrounded by housing, with a railway line at one end, and a railway and canal at the other end can be developed from a crap ageing stadium in the early 90s to a modern 80,000 capacity ground with excellent corporate and conference facilities, by an amateur sports organisation, then surely Everton can do something with Goodison.
Amateurs................................................

Amateur Irish stick and ball wallahs or what ever they play there ( no offence intended )...................................................................

then way way back we have the 'professionals' from Goodison the same ones of the frozen pipes the parkend wall etc etc

file under the ringfenced 24/7 pigs will fly section.

If Croke Park in Dublin, in the city centre surrounded by housing, with a railway line at one end, and a railway and canal at the other end can be developed from a crap ageing stadium in the early 90s to a modern 80,000 capacity ground with excellent corporate and conference facilities, by an amateur sports organisation, then surely Everton can do something with Goodison.

And a couple of 100 mill of government funding to be fair mate. Im a season ticket holder and it is ace tbf.