Everton on TV in USA

Status
Not open for further replies.
http://www.awfulannouncing.com/2012...remier-league-rights-beginning-next-year.html

Nice concise article. I will miss Ian Darke maybe only short term however through 2014.

I think Dish has all the major NBC channels to broadcast each game. I might even save a few bucks on not subscribing for FSC+. So I will have to wait and see how this all turns out. I hope that NBC will always replay games through the week like the NFL network tends to do.

I think FSC will have to at least pick up another league. Perhaps Germany. I just don't think they could make it on Italian and French leagues alone.

I think FSC will have to at least pick up another league. Perhaps Germany. I just don't think they could make it on Italian and French leagues alone.

FSC doesn't have France anymore and I don't think they have Serie A either. Pretty sure it's all on BeIn now. FSC is doomed if they don't at least get the Bundesliga. NBC is even encroaching on MLS.

I'm cautiously optimistic, though it seems like there won't be any replay matches. I do like the ability to watch games other than Everton on replay on Saturday and Sunday. That's the advantage of a soccer specific channel like FSC.

Since some of you were asking, here's what the different broadcasters have:

Espn: mls, World Cup 14, euro 16
Fox: champs league, World Cup 18, 22
NBC: epl
Bein: serie a , la liga, Ligue 1

So long as NBC screens all games live, I will be happy. I think it's ridiculous that in this day and age some games aren't being screened live each week..

I am sure we will have to pay for some of the games:

"the remaining 180 games will be made available "digitally or through some sort of arrangement with MVPDs (multichannel video programming distributors) on some sort of pay television package"

Everton v Sunderland, Nov. 10, 10 AM EST - Fox Soccer

Everton vs Sunderland this Sunday (Nov. 10) @ 10 AM EST on Fox Soccer. SIAP, didn't see it posted.

Off topic question real quick, I apologize if discussed elsewhere, but does anyone have any idea if Everton are/would consider looking into a development deal w/ any MLS teams? Like Liverpool and Toronto, Tottenham and San Jose? Thanks, I just think the Philadelphia Union is our chance to really become a passion in a specific city, kind of like Arsenal and United's following in NYC. Our people's club perception is what Philadelphia fans are all about. The Union have a great following, only three years now and it's growing quickly. I just think Everton could gain something from that, many of you that I spoke with at the preseason game lsat year thought that could be a great idea.

Imagine watching Ross play every week in MLS, I'd love that.

One more thing.

I'm very excited about the EPL to NBC deal. Im a journalist myself, work in Pennsylvania and I have a friend at Comcast (they own NBC) so I'll keep you all updated as I hear things. As of now, he has informed me that NBC is planning to stream every game, Live, for free on the internet or mobile device. The majority of television games will be on NBC Sports Network, but they will be looking into running multiple games on multiple channels throughout the year. For example every game on TV for week one and the final week (like Fox did this past year). Also, I heard every Boxing day game is something they're thinking about. Also, they will have replays, don't have any specifics (every game, consistent time and date?) on that yet, however.

The internet services will be ran on the same system they used for Olympics, currently use for Notre Dame football. Just need to prove you pay a cable bill and you'll be able to watch everything. They want to compete with Watch ESPN a few years from now as they build their rights (Formula One, NHL, Horse Racing, MLS eventually) so they supposedly want everything to be for free. This is all from a friend who works within NBC Sports, he's young but he's an up and comer, I believe him. They really are supposedly looking at the EPL as something to build their channel/mobile network around, EPL and the NHL. This, of course, is all in discussion right now, still have a lot of work to do until these types of decision are final , but again, if I hear anything, I'd love to keep my fellow Blues on the other side of the pond updated.

NBC is going to put a lot of money into this though, it'll be better than Fox Soccer. Also, most importantly for me, everything in HD for everyone. I still only get one HD game a week with ESPN, although I also hear that BeIN will be HD on most outlets in a year or two, at least, if it grows like they project it to.

Sorry for length, I rarely post, love GOT, love the Blues. COYB

Everton vs Sunderland this Sunday (Nov. 10) @ 10 AM EST on Fox Soccer. SIAP, didn't see it posted.

Off topic question real quick, I apologize if discussed elsewhere, but does anyone have any idea if Everton are/would consider looking into a development deal w/ any MLS teams? Like Liverpool and Toronto, Tottenham and San Jose? Thanks, I just think the Philadelphia Union is our chance to really become a passion in a specific city, kind of like Arsenal and United's following in NYC. Our people's club perception is what Philadelphia fans are all about. The Union have a great following, only three years now and it's growing quickly. I just think Everton could gain something from that, many of you that I spoke with at the preseason game lsat year thought that could be a great idea.

Imagine watching Ross play every week in MLS, I'd love that.

One more thing.

I'm very excited about the EPL to NBC deal. Im a journalist myself, work in Pennsylvania and I have a friend at Comcast (they own NBC) so I'll keep you all updated as I hear things. As of now, he has informed me that NBC is planning to stream every game, Live, for free on the internet or mobile device. The majority of television games will be on NBC Sports Network, but they will be looking into running multiple games on multiple channels throughout the year. For example every game on TV for week one and the final week (like Fox did this past year). Also, I heard every Boxing day game is something they're thinking about. Also, they will have replays, don't have any specifics (every game, consistent time and date?) on that yet, however.

The internet services will be ran on the same system they used for Olympics, currently use for Notre Dame football. Just need to prove you pay a cable bill and you'll be able to watch everything. They want to compete with Watch ESPN a few years from now as they build their rights (Formula One, NHL, Horse Racing, MLS eventually) so they supposedly want everything to be for free. This is all from a friend who works within NBC Sports, he's young but he's an up and comer, I believe him. They really are supposedly looking at the EPL as something to build their channel/mobile network around, EPL and the NHL. This, of course, is all in discussion right now, still have a lot of work to do until these types of decision are final , but again, if I hear anything, I'd love to keep my fellow Blues on the other side of the pond updated.

NBC is going to put a lot of money into this though, it'll be better than Fox Soccer. Also, most importantly for me, everything in HD for everyone. I still only get one HD game a week with ESPN, although I also hear that BeIN will be HD on most outlets in a year or two, at least, if it grows like they project it to.

Sorry for length, I rarely post, love GOT, love the Blues. COYB

Thanks for the info!

Status
Not open for further replies.