Everton merchandising.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Khalekan

Player Valuation: £80m
Belfast is a city about 180 miles from Liverpool.

I have family connections in that city and my wife is a Belfast native.

I have been going back and forward there for years and I know there is a fairly substantial support for Everton.

There is a big supporters club based there, ESCNI (Everton Supporters Club Northern Ireland). I have had a pint with many of the lids who travel over to the games on a regular basis.

Last week I was in Belfast for a family funeral and I took my wife's young nephew out to buy him an Everton shirt for his birthday.

Not one sports shop that I tried stocked Everton merchandise.

One lad in one shop turned out to be a Blue and he told me that he had to send away to Everton One for his shirt.

It is no wonder we are struggling to make money when our marketing department sits back and let's us slip into anonymity. They can't even promote our "brand" in a soccer mad city just a ferry ride away....or forty five minutes in a plane.

I am wondering is it the same all around these islands.

Can one buy an Everton shirt in Glasgow? In Dublin? In Cardiff? In Portsmouth? In Halifax? In Cirencester? In Jersey? In the Isle Of Man?

I am beginning to doubt it.

I have been going back and forward there for years and I know there is a fairly substantial support for Everton.

There is a big supporters club based there, ESCNI (Everton Supporters Club Northern Ireland). I have had a pint with many of the lids who travel over to the games on a regular basis.

Last week I was in Belfast for a family funeral and I took my wife's young nephew out to buy him an Everton shirt for his birthday.

One lad in one shop turned out to be a Blue and he told me that he had to send away to Everton One for his shirt.

It is no wonder we are struggling to make money when our marketing department sits back and let's us slip into anonymity. They can't even promote our "brand" in a soccer mad city just a ferry ride away....or forty five minutes in a plane.

Can one buy an Everton shirt in Glasgow? In Dublin? In Cardiff? In Portsmouth? In Halifax? In Cirencester? In Jersey? In the Isle Of Man?

I agree that it's stupid for the customer but EFC aren't losing any money here directly, Kitbag are.

Feel free to fume about the Kitbag deal though mate.

In short..... No

Marketing at the club should be all over that.

Kitbag need bashing for that. Kitbag.com

Only club who's page hasn't been updated with this years kits. Everton's.

Apparently Umbro will be stocking Everton kits from early October in Elverys sports shops in the South of Ireland. At least its some progress, bit disappointed the club haven't organised a pre-season match over here this year giving the large mount of Irish players in the team. Everton still have a large following over here and potential for a whole lot more. Everton jerseys used to be plentiful years ago, I almost do a double take when I see one now.

Sad... Damn you Kitbag

Marketing at the club should be all over that.

Kitbag need bashing for that. Kitbag.com

Only club who's page hasn't been updated with this years kits. Everton's.

Click on the link for last season's kits, goes direct to Everton Direct with the new ones

Elverys in Galway have retro 1995 Everton shirts.
No modern kits.

shirts for Man U, Spurs, Pool, Arsenal, Chelsea and a host of European clubs - ac, real, athletico, inter, barca, PSG, Bayern,

Status
Not open for further replies.