Everton Jerseys now available in Ireland

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's really not as big a deal as it's made out to be. It's nice for fans in Ireland to be able to put their hands on a shirt but it's not going to bring in much revenue and I'm not sure how it's going to increase our supporter base by any number that matters.[/QUO
You are right, why bother

The main problem im told by retailers was that umbro only got back involved with everton this year. they have a fairly big presence in ireland with the national team etc. before that kitbag werent bothered with everton shirits in ireland n neither were t

It's really not as big a deal as it's made out to be. It's nice for fans in Ireland to be able to put their hands on a shirt but it's not going to bring in much revenue and I'm not sure how it's going to increase our supporter base by any number that matters.
It might not, be I think at the very least we should be doing something to raise our profile in Ireland. Is there a more popular player in Ireland then Seamus Coleman? Robbie Keane possibly. I've got a mate who is irish but he supports united. He has said to me many times how he would love one irish player in the united side let alone 4!!!! As has been suggested instead of some meaningless pre-season friendly away to some lower level European team, take the team to Dundalk and ensure the irish lads are playing. Not rocket science is it? We are trying to raise our profile in Asia but are not even tapping into a market on our door step. Selling replica jerseys in Ireland is a very small first step to achieving that.

Thank god for this.. every time I went to over for a match I had a shopping list longer than my arm, parents with young kids just couldn't get their heads around the fact we had no merchandise available in Ireland. Embarrassing really that it has took so long. Bill must have used the nobody is buying football kits anymore line justifying the Kitbag deal.:p

The fan base will definitely grow over here

It is all about perception

Child sees jersey in shop, commits the beautiful image to memory.
Child sees '60 grand Seamie Coleman' on tv banging in yet another goal wearing said shirt
Child knows they can get said shirt by pestering the parents

Status
Not open for further replies.