Everton's jersey in Ireland 68€ while Liverpool's is 38€

Status
Not open for further replies.

JAYTALITY

Player Valuation: £30m
Feel free to merge me with whichever adequate thread but whats going on there? I finished all the christmas shopping, had money left over, passing by Elverys and forgot they got Everton jerseys in, popped in had a look at the price then looked at the other jerseys namely Liverpool, seen what has been described in the thread title and walked out fuming without my Everton jersey. My anger was that of a derby defeat.

I reckon its because nobody apart from either a total weapon or someone who is extremely ugly would buy a Liverpool shirt, cant even give them away.

All joking aside Liverpool are extremely popular over here. I thought supply and demand worked as the most sought after is the most expensive. Something economical is happening but I'm not sure what.

Feel free to merge me with whichever adequate thread but whats going on there? I finished all the christmas shopping, had money left over, passing by Elverys and forgot they got Everton jerseys in, popped in had a look at the price then looked at the other jerseys namely Liverpool, seen what has been described in the thread title and walked out fuming without my Everton jersey. My anger was that of a derby defeat.

Obvious stock clearance.

And you know that Everton shirts are like gold dust. We can't get them before February 2015.

Whilst Liverpool shirts are like toilet paper

Some types of luxury goods, such as high-end wines, jewelry, designer handbags, and luxury cars, are Veblen goods, in that decreasing their prices decreases people's preference for buying them because they are no longer perceived as exclusive or high-status products.[2] Similarly, a price increase may increase that high status and perception of exclusivity, thereby making the good even more preferable.

At the other end of the spectrum, with luxury items priced equal to non-luxury items of lower quality, all else being equal more people would buy the luxury items, even though a few Veblen-seekers would not. Thus, even a Veblen good is subject to the dictum that demand moves conversely to price, although the response of demand to price is not consistent at all points on the demand curve.

All joking aside Liverpool are extremely popular over here. I thought supply and demand worked as the most sought after is the most expensive. Something economical is happening but I'm not sure what.

Status
Not open for further replies.