Everton eyeing January move for Tottenham midfielder Moussa Dembele

Status
Not open for further replies.

Durham Toffee

Shameless Wool
http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/everton-eyeing-january-move-tottenham-4295073

Everton eyeing January move for Tottenham midfielder Moussa Dembele

Everton boss Roberto Martinez is monitoring Tottenham midfielder Moussa Dembele with an eye to a January swoop.

Everton boss Roberto Martinez is monitoring Tottenham midfielder Moussa Dembele with an eye to a January swoop.

The Goodison Park outfit are believed to have made enquiries about the Belgian playmaker this summer and are aware that he has been unsettled at White Hart Lane.

Dembele, 27, was impressive on his first start of the season at Sunderland last week and remains hopeful of establishing himself as a first-team regular with Spurs.

But if he is not playing a major role for Mauricio Pochettino’s team, Everton could attempt a mid-season bid – even though Spurs would be unlikely to allow him to leave for much less than the £15million they paid Fulham two years ago.

Dembele was unhappy at not starting regularly under Tim Sherwood late last season and it remains to be seen whether the new Tottenham boss will stick with the Belgian.

Martinez already has two Belgians, Romelu Lukaku and Kevin Mirallas, and is a long-term admirer of Dembele.

He's better than Cleverley but I don't think we should spend 15m (do we have it?) for another midfielder.

To me Dembele is a lot like the next generation of England's best prospects. A very good footballer without really having a position on the pitch. Much like Phil Jones, Jack Rodwell (when he first came through) and the such like. A player capable of a match winning moment or performance, but I've never really seen him in a system where he consistently performs to his potential.

Where he cheap I'd say definitely, great signing. But if he's 8 figures, then I'd rather we passed.

To me Dembele is a lot like the next generation of England's best prospects. A very good footballer without really having a position on the pitch. Much like Phil Jones, Jack Rodwell (when he first came through) and the such like. A player capable of a match winning moment or performance, but I've never really seen him in a system where he consistently performs to his potential.

Where he cheap I'd say definitely, great signing. But if he's 8 figures, then I'd rather we passed.

True. Something like £9m and I'd consider it. But Spurs are going to want to recoup their fee to Fulham...

Why do people keep believing The Mirror?

At least they're not trying to sell one of our players so it's a bit more positive than their usual stuff about us.

Might be his agent saying "If you don't play him I'll find one of your direct competitors who will".

Standing by for @bluegirl :) She's a fan!

I actually don't mind him......when Ross first did himself in he was my choice to come in for the right price. People still percieve him as a DM after that fraud AVB played him there.

He's not Barkley, but he's decent enough.

I suspect it's just newspapers desperate for clicks, file under unlikely.

Status
Not open for further replies.