Europa league

Status
Not open for further replies.

Principe15

Player Valuation: £100k
What do u think our chances are in the Europa league? What result (besides winning) would you be content with.

But seeing as you asked I would accept, it being our first year......semi final maybe. It's a tough old competition towards the latter stages.

LC the priority??!! So we'll be resting players in the PL to keep them fresh for the mid-week LC games??

LC has to be a priority over the Europa, as for the PL, Muzumbu is right, if we won the LC dropping a few places in the league wouldnt matter if it means we have something to show at the end of the season.

My hope would be to win it, my absolute minimum is for us to advance at least 2 rounds pass the groupstage, and not bowing out to a worse team than us.

I just want us to lay down a marker, really show Europe we belong among the elite.

Zenit are probably the only top team we've beaten in Europe since Bayern in 85.

I want another night like that.

I just want us to lay down a marker, really show Europe we belong among the elite.

Zenit are probably the only top team we've beaten in Europe since Bayern in 85.

I want another night like that.
Just had a quick look for highlights of this on ETV, as you'd mentioned it and to get in the mood -- is it me or is the highlight's section without structure with no search function ??? :eek:

Get to the final of EL and lose, you get nothing. Get to the final of the LC and lose, you get nothing.

But win the EL, you get a CL place. Win the LC, you only get an EL place.

Hence EL takes priority.

Acronym overload.

Muzumbu is right, if we won the LC dropping a few places in the league wouldnt matter if it means we have something to show at the end of the season.
Of course looking at a season retrospectively we can always say we'd have given up a few league places for a cup trophy but that's somewhat different from saying we should weaken the PL side to raise a chance of cup success. Hindsight is a wonderful thing.

Status
Not open for further replies.