eric dier

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zatara

Player Valuation: £90m
Any reason we loaned him - has it ever been revealed? Thought it was due to his family wanting to move back to UK so he would somehow get out of his Sporting cobtract and join a UK club.....but he went straight back to sporting and is still there.

Think swisso mentioned he had a few games for them now as defensive midfielder....surely a perfect signing for us.

Could be long term on the left next to stones and also take over from Barry after a season or two perhaps?

Mystified at him coming to us still......

Gave us the chance to see how good he actually is first hand. From what I remember he was meant to be pretty good with lots of potential. But maybe not worth the millions the sporting wanted for him.

Hope he does well.

Was getting some excellent reports from what I remember...why would sporting loan him us just to take a look as well...its so strange.

Is he getting national caps?

The general idea I have gathered in my head is that Deulofeu is what Dier should have been.

I may be way off though.

That's just a feeling though, we never did find out a great deal about him, or saw much of him for that matter.

I Don't think Dier was ever going to be played by Moyes, even if he ahd a blinder in the reserves.

It seems a littler bit off that deal. Perhaps it was less to do with us and more to do with Lisbon. They loan him to us for a year with the hope we go back with millions for a raw english player on the promise he is quite good. Moyes had no interest in buying him because he wouldnt be able to play him for 10 years at least (Moyes time) so he sent him back.

There was an issue over third party ownership IIRC that made any potential deal very difficult. Given that and the fact that we where well stocked for central defenders and selling first team players to pay back money to the banks then you can see why nothing ever materialised really.

There was an issue over third party ownership IIRC that made any potential deal very difficult. Given that and the fact that we where well stocked for central defenders and selling first team players to pay back money to the banks then you can see why nothing ever materialised really.

Sporting have now bought back full ownership, also Dier is sponsored by Umbro, It's on!!!

The general idea I have gathered in my head is that Deulofeu is what Dier should have been.

I may be way off though.

That's just a feeling though, we never did find out a great deal about him, or saw much of him for that matter.

He's a centre back isn't he?

Status
Not open for further replies.