Easy Vaulting Poll 3 - Will Besic become a first team regular this season?

Will Besic become a first team regular this season?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
He seems to be very similar to McCarthy, who I think Besic will probably play second fiddle to. Though I still think he will get a tonne of game time, especially in the europa league

I've gone for yes. I reckon by the end of the season we won't know who is going to start in the CDM roles in each game Besic, McCarthy, Barry or Gibson and we won't mind either way when we see the team sheet. Martinez will choose the two he feels work best against that particular opponent.

he's gonna play lots no doubt but mainly europa I reckon but there will still be plenty of rotation in the league so he'll get his say in that too.

Voted yes, since I Think he will get a lot of games this season. RM will probably use a Barry/Gibson & McCarthy/Besic combination in the middle. With our increase in games all 4 of those will be regular players for us. that said I think that RM will most likely turn to McCarthy first if both are fit and the game is a high-profile game.

All about rotation to keep the squad fresh and avoid burn out this season, he will play plenty but prob wont be first choice.

I think he will be a regular sub for Barry in the last 20-30 mins of games, then in the first team for a lot of cup games. it's great to see us actually have not only depth in midfield, but quality as well.

Depends whether you count about 20 starts in all competitions and 20-25 minute sub appearances as being a first team regular or not. Squad regular certainly but will clearly get more time on the pitch than Hibbert did last season who was a squad regular.

I've gone for yes. I reckon by the end of the season we won't know who is going to start in the CDM roles in each game Besic, McCarthy, Barry or Gibson and we won't mind either way when we see the team sheet. Martinez will choose the two he feels work best against that particular opponent.

save meself the job typing... THIS. All day long

Him and McCarthy will run teams into the ground. Out of all the players to not make it out of the group stage at the World Cup, only 4 players covered more distance than him, with only 0.9 km separating the top 5.

EDIT: Actually, one of them played for USA but I included him in that stat, because I just seen that he played 3 games/270 minutes, the same as Besic.

http://www.fifa.com/worldcup/statistics/players/distance.html

Last edited:

Status
Not open for further replies.