earliest goodison memories

Status
Not open for further replies.
Charlton 87, I was 4. One of the best goodison moments as standing outside in 95 watching the cup parade, seeing all this people on the unfinished structure of the megastore.

also remember the only time I've say in the park end (the old one) and watched a charity match between Everton/Liverpool vs man utd/man city. Merseyside won like 6-1 of something can't remember the scorers but remember singing oh Manchester is full of [Poor language removed] and laughing my arse off cos I was about 6 or 7. Anyone know what year that was?

Pretty sure I was at both the Charton game (2-1 Ian snodin sent off iirc) and the Mersey/manc game ( me and my mate got kicked out not sure why tho, but remember walking home arguing about who's fault it was ) I would say it was about 1989 as I would of been about 11-12 as for earliest goodison memory it was mid eighties v united on Boxing Day and we conceded very early only to shut them up by winning 3-1 I was hooked on the blues from that day on

I remember in the early 60's trying to get Mike and Bernie Winters autograph as they finished their cup of tea in the café in Goodison Road, near Oxton Street I think. There was a big crowd outside waiting, we were playing Spurs that Saturday and I had just been given an Autograph book for my birthday.
The winters were bad in them days but not as bad as Mike and Bernie.
Worst Winters I can remember tbh

As someone once said, the Winters brothers were the only comedy duo with two straight men.

“I’ll smash yer face in”.
Mike-Winters_2653457b.jpg

Also remember when Bobby Collins was signed and how the football became more exciting almost immediately. We seemed to win a lot of games 6-1, but maybe that's because I was so young then. What a great little player, though.

Being in the Gwladys Street when it was still standing with a mate who supported Liverpool in the mid-late 1980s, we were playing West Ham and there was a pissed up cockney in there and he got leathered. No idea what the score was.

To this day i can't remember if we were allowed by to go or we just lied to our parents. It was one scary experience lol lol

first game was against Nottingham Forest in the 62-63 season. I was 10 at the time and my big brother took me to that match and all the remaining home games that season. Great days, saw a great team win the league in my first season. No wonder I was hooked, players like Brian Labone, Alex Young, Alex Parker, Roy Vernon and Jimmy Gabriel to name but a few that really was a special team, but not as good as the 69-70 team, they are still the best English club side I have ever seen.

first game was against Nottingham Forest in the 62-63 season. I was 10 at the time and my big brother took me to that match and all the remaining home games that season. Great days, saw a great team win the league in my first season. No wonder I was hooked, players like Brian Labone, Alex Young, Alex Parker, Roy Vernon and Jimmy Gabriel to name but a few that really was a special team, but not as good as the 69-70 team, they are still the best English club side I have ever seen.

I remember that time as well mate, like your user title. One of the best inside forwards ever. In today's terms he would be up there with a Suarez type price lablel.

Mid 70's Gordon Lee era. Latchford, McKenzie, Dobson, with Thomas on the wing. Remember winning 6-0 one game- QPR I think, a high scoring draw with Newcastle and beating Spurs with a Spurs player knocking himself out on the post. Photo of the game was in the Echo with me and my Dad in the stand. I had one of those blue / white panelled caps on that were all the rage.... Still waiting for them to make a come back.

Also first tears as a young Toffee- getting beat in the 77 League cup final replay.

Mid 70's Gordon Lee era. Latchford, McKenzie, Dobson, with Thomas on the wing. Remember winning 6-0 one game- QPR I think, a high scoring draw with Newcastle and beating Spurs with a Spurs player knocking himself out on the post. Photo of the game was in the Echo with me and my Dad in the stand. I had one of those blue / white panelled caps on that were all the rage.... Still waiting for them to make a come back.

Also first tears as a young Toffee- getting beat in the 77 League cup final replay.
Don't blame me,it was Lawsons fault!!!

99, first time over from Dublin as a child and Able Xabier tells me to 'get the Fook away from his car'. It hurt and confused me as a little Toffee until he went to Liverpool and a few dots connected in my young fragile mind.

88-89 season Man Utd home won 3-2. Pat Nevin goal amazing. Standing outside the Street end from 11.15am that morning for the game. Climbing the street end steps and seeing Goodison for the first time in all her glory, amazing memory that will live with me until my final breath as one of the happiest moments in my life.

Status
Not open for further replies.