Duffy tweet.

Status
Not open for further replies.
What's all that about??? Bit harsh mate.

Midget in a suitcase is a bluey. The best one ever made at that.

Will have to do some research. But, yeah when I was in Prague you could pay to kick a midget in a suitcase or even throw him down some stairs if you desired.

Not too much wrong with going of a lads holiday as a footballer, as long as you don't take the Gibson approach to pre-season training.

won't make it at Everton, championship defender at best.
Have you really seen him enough to make that conclusion? Given that defenders mature (football-wise) a little later I think it's way too early to leap to judgements. There's a fair share of defenders who are playing in the Prem who weren't sure-fire hits by age 21.

Aye, maybe not. Just figure that he's paid a fantastic salary and is a professional athlete. Getting drunk shouldn't be in the equation. You don't see it from many of the foreign lads.

He's not going to be doing any even training with the club for a good few weeks, what's the problem?

Aye, maybe not. Just figure that he's paid a fantastic salary and is a professional athlete. Getting drunk shouldn't be in the equation. You don't see it from many of the foreign lads.

Royston

Shandy Andy - coke, ecstasy, lappies and drink, even turned up for training with at least three of the four

He's on his holidays, he's young, no harm in him having letting off steam at the end of the season, I'm sure he didn't go overboard either, and how would you know what the foreign lads get up to? sure you haven't a clue

Prosenecki smoked 40 a day, Roberto Carlos loved a beer, I'm sure there are plenty of others, if it wasn't a one off, which as far as we know it is and the season hasdnt ended you would have a point. As it stands I think your being a little harsh, a large part of him not playing is Moyes levels of bizarre favouritism, if I was a young centre half and got dropped for Hibbert I'd be out on the ale

I disagree there mate. Maybe dont have to say it to the world but still hes not playing now so why not.

You know this how ?

I'm outraged tbh, might start a petition. Who's with me lads ?

Anecdotal. A lot of managers have said that foreign players have brought with them a healthier approach to life and have tempered the drinking culture that was/is so prevalent in British culture.

He's not going to be doing any even training with the club for a good few weeks, what's the problem?

No problem at all. He's not going to be near the first team next season so sure he'll have plenty of time to get back into shape.

To use a cycling analogy, coz that's what I know, Bradley Wiggins would regularly go on benders outside of competitions as a youngster. He'd won Olympic medals and all, so surely he deserved it, but he used to finish outside the top 100 in the Tour de France in those days. Only when he stopped pissing about and started taking his sport seriously did he truly make the most of his gifts and start challenging for real honours.

Duffy is on easy street, earning a salary most of his peers would die for. He could easily swan along, playing a few games each season and pocket the cash, or he could dedicate himself to his profession and make the most of his talents.

Fairly sure for instance that both Ronaldo and Messi are tee-total. Not that they have anything to teach the lad.

Status
Not open for further replies.