Do you think we have the best youth in the premier league?

Status
Not open for further replies.

qwertyboy

Player Valuation: £500k
The thread title speaks for itself. Only really started following Everton from Australia and looking through squads and team sheets and everything else I have noticed we have some great youth coming through.

I don't know if everyone agrees but I believe it is some of the best in the whole premier league.

With players such as Rodwell, Coleman, Duffy, Agard, Baxter, Fellaini, Vaughan and others it seems that if we can keep most of them together our future is bright.

I think it's between us and West ham, they seem to have a nack of bringing through quality premiership players. Ours is deffinatly the best of late though. long may it continue.

Depends how many actually go on to make it. At the moment most fill the promising tag. Rodwell has gone the furthest but we still don't know just how far he'll go. Vaughan is probably at a crossroads of his career and needs some good game time without injuries to see what kind of career he'll have.

The rest are still unknowns. Lets get a few of them into international teams and we can say we have a great youth scheme.

we've allways had a good reputation for bringing good quality youth players through the ranks, and Moyes semms to buy intelligently too so the futures bright.

When we got to the cup final last year, one paper did a thing about our youth system an said its the best in the league, but what was more intresting is that we have a youth thats so good, they won't tell anyone his name.After what happened to Rooney

When we got to the cup final last year, one paper did a thing about our youth system an said its the best in the league, but what was more intresting is that we have a youth thats so good, they won't tell anyone his name.After what happened to Rooney

Really? that's very interesting. Any idea how old he is?

they didn't say. my guess is Everton aren't giving any one any details, other then they got a incredable lad.

Last edited:
I remember when David Moyes took over at Everton. In one interview he said that the club was 'built on sand' by which I thought he meant the infrastructure wasn't sound - academy, scouting system, training, fitness etc etc.

Seven years on, look at what's coming through. Going back many years, we used to have an unrivalled capacity (OK, I agree, West Ham also have a great track record) to uncover young talent and develop it. Tommy Wright, Brian Labone...Terry Darracott :blink:...

I'm glad that we're good at all that again. Well done DM.

Brucie's right though. Not all will make it. Wasn't there a big fuss about Michael Branch some years back? I last heard of him at Wolves...

Think that our youth is very good, with West Ham and Man U also having good set up.

Think that Palace though is the best in the country. Some cracking young player there now and some cracking have come through there system

I remember when David Moyes took over at Everton. In one interview he said that the club was 'built on sand' by which I thought he meant the infrastructure wasn't sound - academy, scouting system, training, fitness etc etc.

Seven years on, look at what's coming through. Going back many years, we used to have an unrivalled capacity (OK, I agree, West Ham also have a great track record) to uncover young talent and develop it. Tommy Wright, Brian Labone...Terry Darracott :blink:...

I'm glad that we're good at all that again. Well done DM.

Brucie's right though. Not all will make it. Wasn't there a big fuss about Michael Branch some years back? I last heard of him at Wolves...

Great post Moyesy doesnt get the credit he deserves for the structures througout the club!

Status
Not open for further replies.